joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gorgeous day today. Went to a random open house in chestnut hill and now am about to bid up to 100k over asking because I decided I needed this house. A bit more elevation and 3 miles west vs current location probably adding 5-8 inches of snow. Now to see if I can do this and keep our current house in this great rental market....

Good luck with that, Jerry--keep us posted.

Gorgeous day today. Went to a random open house in chestnut hill and now am about to bid up to 100k over asking because I decided I needed this house. A bit more elevation and 3 miles west vs current location probably adding 5-8 inches of snow. Now to see if I can do this and keep our current house in this great rental market....

Why not a vacation home in the Berks or NNE?

There is so much automation and redundancy in planes. Pretty dam safe for the public overall.

I like in this article it said people saw baseball sized hail going into the engines and coming out the back like a snow cone machine...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3190510/Delta-flight-make-blind-emergency-landing-hail-storm-gives-plane-cracked-windshield-damaged-nose.html#ixzz3iGPFZo6t

It looks like your typical showers with embedded tstms. Maybe a spinner threat near any triple point? Forcing aloft is pretty good, but instability isn't that great. 

Just look at the SREF. The mean 1000 MUCAPE line runs through SNE, but the probability of reaching MUCAPE remains less than 30%. So there are probably a couple of jacked up instability members in there.

Still, as you say, the STP does have a 10% contour (for > 1) near NYC and the triple point.

Just look at the SREF. The mean 1000 MUCAPE line runs through SNE, but the probability of reaching MUCAPE remains less than 30%. So there are probably a couple of jacked up instability members in there.

Still, as you say, the STP does have a 10% contour (for > 1) near NYC and the triple point.

So basically NYC and then right along south coast up thru RI to your area South again right?

Well it just depends on low track. Like Chris said, the best combo may be on the south coast given climo for these. I don't see anything eye opening, but always have to watch triple point when higher instability is lurking to the south, ready to move north. I'm just hoping for a good drink. 

Well it just depends on low track. Like Chris said, the best combo may be on the south coast given climo for these. I don't see anything eye opening, but always have to watch triple point when higher instability is lurking to the south, ready to move north. I'm just hoping for a good drink.

Getting the distinct feeling this event is once again haves and have nots. South coast over to SE areas get the convection and severe which ends up robbing areas to the n and w that really need the rain. How many times has that happened this summer? Same deal again

Getting the distinct feeling this event is once again haves and have nots. South coast over to SE areas get the convection and severe which ends up robbing areas to the n and w that really need the rain. How many times has that happened this summer? Same deal again

I mean this basically describes all convection.

Archived