• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

when in doubt we turn to our friends and the most reliable indicator, a term you phrased.

Well we're planning a 5 day trip to Montreal late month so I'll taste it first hand through outside of the range of cmc. Looks not too far from normal measuring 1/3 std dev per unit.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I told Kevin it would be a little AN for July, but I was unsure back on the 15th if we'd erase the - departures. Definitely a warm stretch we've had, but nothing really noteworthy.

Bos and BDL finished the month at exactly the same average, wonder how many Julys that happens

Also these 30 year normals are already warmer than the previous 30 year normals, at least on a whole (unsure of individual months). So if you compare these numbers to say 1970-2000 normals instead of 1980-2010, its probably a couple of tenths higher.

I think the big jump in 30-yr norms will come when the 1980s drop out, 6 years from now.

NNE sites (those on the MEMA site)

CAR....-1.0

BGR....-1.2

PWM....-0.2

CON....+0.7

I'd call that a "normal" month.  Met summer is still BN due to the cool June, and even if August is AN, I don't see it overcoming the June departures.

What a stunning summer day!

Yes really couldn't have been any better.  79/54 type stuff for several hours this afternoon at MVL in the valley up here.  Up at the ski resort the high was 74F (1500ft) with dews in the 50s and a steady breeze. 

We did have one thunderstorm around midday but it cleared out really quick. 

Pure chamber and brochure weather today for outdoor summer recreation.

Yes really couldn't have been any better. 79/54 type stuff for several hours this afternoon at MVL in the valley up here. Up at the ski resort the high was 74F (1500ft) with dews in the 50s and a steady breeze.

We did have one thunderstorm around midday but it cleared out really quick.

Pure chamber and brochure weather today for outdoor summer recreation.

It was a great day to be out. We got interrupted on the 15th and 17th holes of our club championship for about an hour total because of thunder. This was between 12:30 and 2:00 or so. Never saw any lightening but there was some pretty loud thunder and some moderate to heavy rain.

What are your thoughts

I am becoming less impressed with it

Next weekend? All models have some sort of low....but your guess is as good as mine, as to whether or not we get soaked or mid level clouds. For now, consensus seems like for some rain which is reasonable to me.

Archived