• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Doldrums Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Gotta get up early everyday and get after it. Life is too short to waste the day in bed.Nights are for sleeping

Usually in bed at 10-11 up at 5am, days off 630 unless heavy firepit beers then all bets off but dogs get me up before 8 unless its raining then they snooze in.

Pattern change to cool wet, maybe we scare up a Noreaster or TS

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Taylor my regards.

Not me I am stuck at work. I did see her and guests July 2nd when I was down there, they were partying with huge waterslide. But from the lighthouse far away. A man I have been friends with closely for 40 years works the security detail down there.People are crazy trying to get on the property and the papparazzi are nuts on boats etc. Don't have that celebrity awe in me as I worked for years in the FD at Foxwoods at all the shows and after a while its meh. I got more excited meeting Wes Junker and Larry Cosgrove than people like Shania Twain ,Leann Rhimes etc etc etc. :weenie:

Yeah I like the mornings in general. I can't stay up very late anymore. Body says no to it.

Work is one thing but no reason to get up before the sun. Now that the boy is 4 we all usually get to "sleep in" until 6:30-7am while Kevin has already completed a half marathon through the sprawling Tolland suburbs.

Meanwhile, showers here but heaviest stuff looks south. Too bad because it was a gorgeous morning.

He starred in the hugely underrated Sci-Fi dystopian movie, "They Live"  Anyone that enjoys those themes in cinema would agree that the movie had merit - despite whatever typical main-stream panning by critics that may or may not have taken place ... 

He was diagnosed with Lymphoma back in 2006, but it doesn't look like that's what got him. They just say cardiac arrest -- well, that's dumb kinda. Everyone that days ultimately has their heart stop beating, so wtf is that supposed to mean. 

Anywho, yeah...iconic dude from the 1980s

They Live was what I will remember him for the most. Was it fictional of factual is the question. ; )

No more all nighters for snow? lol.. Sleep has always been too important to me. When you know you have to get up early..you also know you have to go to sleep early

In winter sleep deprivation is a common thing. You can sleep when you are dead . I would not trade sleep for some of the intense storms that occurred at 2 AM the last couple of years. memories embedded forever.

Not me I am stuck at work. I did see her and guests July 2nd when I was down there, they were partying with huge waterslide. But from the lighthouse far away. A man I have been friends with closely for 40 years works the security detail down there.People are crazy trying to get on the property and the papparazzi are nuts on boats etc. Don't have that celebrity awe in me as I worked for years in the FD at Foxwoods at all the shows and after a while its meh. I got more excited meeting Wes Junker and Larry Cosgrove than people like Shania Twain ,Leann Rhimes etc etc etc. :weenie:

I mean I saw her pictures on social media. Looked like a fun party.

I'm not going to go scaling walls or anything, but I mean if I bumped into her around town I wouldn't hate it.

I mean I saw her pictures on social media. Looked like a fun party.

I'm not going to go scaling walls or anything, but I mean if I bumped into her around town I wouldn't hate it.

I just was on the phone with my friend Joe, he is headed to work his detail down there from 11-5. He was much much more impressed with the Victoria secret models, lol ( he has pool access)

No more all nighters for snow? lol.. Sleep has always been too important to me. When you know you have to get up early..you also know you have to go to sleep early

True.

However I always catch up on weekends because work is far more than 40 hours and I want to live a little outside of work.

Finals for July say kudos to you.

BOS: +0.5

BDL: +0.3

PVD: +1.0

ORH: +1.7

True.

However I always catch up on weekends because work is far more than 40 hours and I want to live a little outside of work.

Finals for July say kudos to you.

BOS: +0.5

BDL: +0.3

PVD: +1.0

ORH: +1.7

Not to take away from Kevin's starlit fame for his stunning accomplishment with the month of July ...

But, when considering all?  Imho, those numbers reflect more of a normal pattern existing for a 30-year positive mode of the climate.

The flip side of that transitive logic is ... a truly normal month (or 0.0, a near impossible achievement anyway) is actually a negative departure relative to that 30 year mode.  

This goes along with the idea that it is just easier to verify above normal than below during the GW that everyone has placed a stigma on discussing - because 97% of all people are azzholes and/or don't know how to think, so depend upon a-moral loud mouthed cultural icons with a pulpit and a cause, to do their thinking for them...

In the absence of the idiocrasy, GW is real, and though it doesn't dictate a month's outcome - no; a month's outcome being skewed positive gets more probability of occurrence.

Those numbers are construed nearly normal by climate science standards; but the " + " symbols are still there.  

Not to take away from Kevin's starlit fame for his stunning accomplishment with the month of July ...

But, when considering all?  Imho, those numbers reflect more of a normal pattern existing for a 30-year positive mode of the climate.

The flip side of that transitive logic is ... a truly normal month (or 0.0, a near impossible achievement anyway) is actually a negative departure relative to that 30 year mode.  

This goes along with the idea that it is just easier to verify above normal than below during the GW that everyone has placed a stigma on discussing - because 97% of all people are azzholes and/or don't know how to think, so depend upon a-moral loud mouthed cultural icons with a pulpit and a cause, to do their thinking for them...

In the absence of the idiocrasy, GW is real, and though it doesn't dictate a month's outcome - no; a month's outcome being skewed positive gets more probability of occurrence.

Those numbers are construed nearly normal by climate science standards; but the " + " symbols are still there.  

Also these 30 year normals are already warmer than the previous 30 year normals, at least on a whole (unsure of individual months). So if you compare these numbers to say 1970-2000 normals instead of 1980-2010, its probably a couple of tenths higher.

Also these 30 year normals are already warmer than the previous 30 year normals, at least on a whole (unsure of individual months). So if you compare these numbers to say 1970-2000 normals instead of 1980-2010, its probably a couple of tenths higher.

When you go to CDC or CPC or whatever NASA doom-saying Hansen press docket data source..., they always site "1970 - 2001"  ... some now updating based upon 1980 to recent...whatever

I've often wondered if 30 years is enough to call that one climate period (or whatever they justify three decades for - ) though.

The "climate" period is really since the last ice sheets retreated some whatever 10,'s of thousands of years ago... And 30 years comparatively, for all intents and purposes ... has no weight.  Or does it?  I mean, with that many years, it seems that you can have 30 year biases that don't mean anything because nature flipped a coin 30 times and it happened to be fluke heads 24 of them.  

I dunno.  I guess the impetus there is that it took the Earth roughly 3 billion years to create and store all these fossil fuels, and since humanity is beedy eyed, hell-bent on liberating all of it to combustion gassing in just 500 of those years, ... maybe that sort of mind-boggling jolt to the system needs to be monitored for equally short duration consequences...  

But, when considering all? Imho, those numbers reflect more of a normal pattern existing for a 30-year positive mode of the climate.

John, I think the biggest accomplishment has been to erase decent negative departures at BOS and BDL in the final 10 days of the month. This to me reflects the slow but steady turn to a warmer pattern despite people throwing up models for late August. That guidance suggests it doesn't hold. I would argue that while there will be breaks, that IMHO warmer will be the trend of how things are through September.

Steve body surfing into her property?

Rocks in front of that colossal property, good stripers and blues off the wall in front, break is wrong there, about 100 yards up towards the lighthouse at the bend is perfect but right below the surface are huge boulders. Sometimes its a mini banzai Pipeline there with bloodied surfers. besides celebrities are meh to me, now Joey in Tolland I could see.

John, I think the biggest accomplishment has been to erase decent negative departures at BOS and BDL in the final 10 days of the month. This to me reflects the slow but steady turn to a warmer pattern despite people throwing up models for late August. That guidance suggests it doesn't hold. I would argue that while there will be breaks, that IMHO warmer will be the trend of how things are through September.

It was a normal month,probably the same for Aug , not exactly sure where you are getting the WAR from in this pattern.

It was a normal month,probably the same for Aug , not exactly sure where you are getting the WAR from in this pattern.

The summer has definitely had a normal feel...no denying that and that is what has made it so nice. Maybe it's the central Atlantic ridge (car...lol) flexing that has me thinking it may well retrograde.

Yes and no ... the whole "final 10 days of the month" can be construed (reasonably) as noise along the days in time that culminate in 

in  n+N/ n tots ... 

It may be interesting in its self that that last 10 days of the month recovered ..whatever they did (I'm not sure where we stood at mid month).  But any month that's considered "non" significant when chi-tested, can by looked at in finer granularity and have up down periods.  Not sure what the significance of this particular last 10 days has to have that sticks out more than any other such period among the other relative neutral months in the pack. 

As far as the warmer pattern... Okay, I'm sure you have your methods. I won't discount those.  I just don't see it from where I am sitting.  I think we are neutral, which per course of discussion means having +.5 returns. And maybe less...

It'll be interesting.

The summer has definitely had a normal feel...no denying that and that is what has made it so nice. Maybe it's the central Atlantic ridge (car...lol) flexing that has me thinking it may well retrograde.

when in doubt we turn to our friends and the most reliable indicator, a term you phrased.

Archived