SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 11-14 Severe Weather Event

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Healthy winds at IND again tonight (44 MPH at 9:54 PM). Coming on the heels of this morning's storms...can't imagine that's a good thing for restoration crews.

METAR KIND 140154Z 23027G38KT 5SM TSRA BKN040CB OVC100 25/21 A2968 RMK AO2 PK WND 24038/0145 WSHFT 0125 RAB09 TSB12 SLP044 CONS LTGCGICCC OHD TS OHD MOV SE P0008 T02500206

Alek's shut out is about to end with the cell moving in from the west-southwest which is now severe warned.

Its gonna put me on the board instead. Watching it come in with near continuous CC lightning, beautiful flashes and forks.

It's always a risk until upscale growth occurs.  But that cell out west looks to come into parts of the city (can't remember where Alek is located exactly).

i'm home, so far north side, essentially due east of ORD at the lake. 

that cell and the cell leaving WI will both pass well south/west of MBY.

evening wasn't a total loss, back lit towers made for some great visuals all evening.

Might be another scraper to the north

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED  SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  859 PM CDT MON JUL 13 2015    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO  HAS ISSUED A    * SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...    SOUTHEASTERN COOK COUNTY IN NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS...    SOUTHEASTERN DUPAGE COUNTY IN NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS...    NORTHWESTERN LAKE COUNTY IN NORTHWESTERN INDIANA...    * UNTIL 930 PM CDT    * AT 859 PM CDT...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE    EXTENDING FROM WOODRIDGE TO HOMEWOOD...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 30 MPH.      HAZARD...60 MPH WIND GUSTS AND QUARTER SIZE HAIL.       SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED.       IMPACT...HAIL DAMAGE TO VEHICLES IS EXPECTED. EXPECT WIND DAMAGE              TO ROOFS...SIDING AND TREES.     * SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE NEAR...    CHICAGO HEIGHTS...PARK FOREST...FLOSSMOOR...LYNWOOD...GLENWOOD...    POSEN...OLYMPIA FIELDS...HARVEY...HOMEWOOD AND COUNTRY CLUB HILLS    AROUND 905 PM CDT.    CALUMET CITY...LANSING...DOLTON...SOUTH HOLLAND AND DYER AROUND 910    PM CDT.    MUNSTER...WORTH AND BURNHAM AROUND 915 PM CDT.    HAMMOND...HIGHLAND...BROOKFIELD...GRIFFITH...SUMMIT...WHITING...    CHICAGO RIDGE AND BEDFORD PARK AROUND 920 PM CDT.    GARY...OAK LAWN...EAST CHICAGO...MAYWOOD...FOREST PARK...LYONS...    RIVERSIDE...MIDWAY AIRPORT...BURBANK AND MELROSE PARK AROUND 925 PM    CDT.    CICERO...BERWYN...OAK PARK...RIVER FOREST...STICKNEY...MEIGS    FIELD...EVERGREEN PARK...BRIDGEPORT...DOUGLAS PARK AND HUMBOLDT    PARK AROUND 930 PM CDT.    HAIL UP TO PING PONG SIZE HAS BEEN ISSUED WITH THIS STORM!  

Lol, yet Milwaukee gets a t-storm tonight! Yeah I think the main show was this morning now.

Nice mood thunder going on though.

I think the cell west of here might pass right into the Chicago city limits actually.

Lol, yet Milwaukee gets a t-storm tonight! Yeah I think the main show was this morning now.

Nice mood thunder going on though.

I think the cell west of here might pass right into the Chicago city limits actually.

Yeah, that was a pretty intense 15-20 minute storm, the SWS out on it was pretty accurate, I'd say gusts up to around 50mph, torrential rains blowing sideways, plenty of thunder and lightning.  Best day of storms since April, and vying with those April storms for best of the year.

It's always a risk until upscale growth occurs.  But that cell out west looks to come into parts of the city (can't remember where Alek is located exactly).

True, but even without organization, in a setup where all it practically takes is a sneeze to get a t'storm going (see how the storms hitting parts of Chicago now appeared out of nowhere), I wouldn't automatically assume a miss or shut out either.

Winds just went dead calm after 10+ minutes of 40-50 mph gusts

Any idea where this was at? Report from the morning storms...

1050 AM TSTM WND DMG WEST LAFAYETTE 40.44N 86.91W

07/13/2015 TIPPECANOE IN EMERGENCY MNGR

CONCRETE PLANT WITH ROOF BLOWN OFF BUILDING. BAY DOORS

WERE OPEN AT THE TIME. TIME ESITMATED.

i'm home, so far north side, essentially due east of ORD at the lake. 

that cell and the cell leaving WI will both pass well south/west of MBY.

evening wasn't a total loss, back lit towers made for some great visuals all evening.

Once upon a time....I spent lots of time at a girlfriends place at Irving & LSD.

@ Kevlon - it does have a hook to it in Boone County...

Thinking the storm up by McHenry County might run right into the area getting hit now with the warnings. Flash flood risk...

LOT.N0Q.20150714.0216.gif

Train in eastern IN.

IWX.N0Q.20150714.0217.gif

Any idea where this was at? Report from the morning storms...

1050 AM TSTM WND DMG WEST LAFAYETTE 40.44N 86.91W

07/13/2015 TIPPECANOE IN EMERGENCY MNGR

CONCRETE PLANT WITH ROOF BLOWN OFF BUILDING. BAY DOORS

WERE OPEN AT THE TIME. TIME ESITMATED.

No clue. There's a concrete plant on the south side of campus, next to LAF. Also one up on the north side near my place by IN-43/65. 

I don't remember LAF recording anything wild and I didn't see anything wild from my office, both near the campus plant. I'd guess the one on the north side in that case.

Archived