• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dr. Gray responds to Pope Francis

GaWx

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2015/07/04/dr-bill-gray-responds-to-pope-francis/

"It is unfortunate that Pope Francis has let politics and erroneous climate science sway his judgment into advising the world to change much of its energy usage from cheaper fossil-fuels to more expensive renewable energy (wind, solar, etc.). Such changes will slow-down the globe’s future economic development and adversely affect the poorest people of the world. And such changes will not significantly improve our global climate."

"I have spent 60 years studying, teaching, and forecasting weather and climate. This lifetime study has convinced me and many hundreds of my older and similarly experienced colleagues that there is no physical way that the expected atmospheric CO2 gas increases over the next 50-100 years can possibly bring about the large amounts of global warming (2-4oC) that has been projected by the climate models. The primary climate change which a doubling in CO2 gas will bring about is not temperature but an increase in global rainfall (~3%) which should be overall beneficial for humanity. Contrary to the current general belief, global temperature rise, due to a doubling of CO2 later in this century, should be expected to be quite small (0.2-0.3oC). Most of the global temperature changes of the last century have been of natural origin. There has been no global surface warming in the last 18 years as CO2 amounts have risen."

So if he's been studying weather and climate for 60 years, that would make Dr Gray's age somewhere in the mid-80s.  IMO it sounds like he's 'gone emeritus' as I've heard other aged professors described.  Is he really the best Goddard could find to represent the 'anti-Pope' side?

I agree with him RE: GCMs being too aggressive with warming.

I disagree with him about there being only 0.2-0.3C of warming in the next 50-100 years and that most of the warming has been natural in the past century.

Archived