Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA and the fringes - Summer into Fall

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll start. Once again, a ****ty Independence Day as far as the weather is concerned. Cloudy, cool, and rainy. It's THE ONE summer day I like to be sunny and at least seasonal for our outdoor picnic and swimming party, and so often it ends up being an indoor garage party.

Another bust on the 4th of July.  The 4th should be 94 and sunny, hazy, hot and humid wit evening crawlers on the ridges.

That's what I'm talking about. It's not just the chance for rain, it's also the unseasonably cool temps being forecast. Here in Tamaqua, the NWS is going for a high of only 69 degrees. Way too cold to enjoy an afternoon in and around the pool.

That's what I'm talking about. It's not just the chance for rain, it's also the unseasonably cool temps being forecast. Here in Tamaqua, the NWS is going for a high of only 69 degrees. Way too cold to enjoy an afternoon in and around the pool.

Today isn't terrible, in fact it's a decent day for the pre-holiday yard work and other such things.

Awesome! On a side note, I run a round trip from Hazleton to Weyer's Cave, VA at least once a week, so I go though the Hagerstown area quite a bit.

Well, I moved to Hagerstown, MD this week. I'll still keep posting in here though. I'm technically the fringes ;). Plus you guys are awesome so I'll stick around. This is a great group :)

I'm staying bro :)

I have to say that the NAM's simulated radar from yesterday's runs was pretty spot on as this morning's radar presentation is almost identical to what the NAM was showing. I just hope the precipitation shield swings out before noon. Out picnic/pool party starts at 1:00pm.

Well, I moved to Hagerstown, MD this week. I'll still keep posting in here though. I'm technically the fringes ;). Plus you guys are awesome so I'll stick around. This is a great group :)

Hate to see lancaster county folks leave but best wishes, and yes your still on the fringes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! On a side note, I run a round trip from Hazleton to Weyer's Cave, VA at least once a week, so I go though the Hagerstown area quite a bit.

That's awesome Voyager. If I'm off and you're headed that way, maybe a stop for breakfast/lunch one day will need to happen. Give a good time to stop and stretch on that haul. That's an I81 special there.

Someone today east of 81 is going to get some wicked weather. 

SPC is really hyping up the threat.  It's not too often you see enhanced threat with 5% tornado and 30% wind for parts of PA.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/archive/2015/day1otlk_20150709_1300.html

Will be interesting to watch how cloud cover this morning impacts the instability/potential for this to play out today.

SPC is really hyping up the threat.  It's not too often you see enhanced threat with 5% tornado and 30% wind for parts of PA.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/archive/2015/day1otlk_20150709_1300.html

Will be interesting to watch how cloud cover this morning impacts the instability/potential for this to play out today.

So far, have had, to my surprise, a good bit of sun.

From NWS State College AFD

MODELS HAVE BEEN CONSISTENT IN SHOWING THIS FAVORABLE SEVERE
WEATHER SETUP FOR THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS /AND HAVE TRENDED FURTHER
NORTH AND STRONGER WITH THEIR LLVL SHEAR ACROSS CENTRAL AND NRN
PENN/. A DISTINCT/STRONG AREA OF 0-1KM EHI IN THE 3-3.5 M2/S2
RANGE FORMS JUST EAST OF THE SFC LOW DURING THE MID-LATE AFTERNOON
HOURS ACROSS THE NW MTNS...THEN SLIDES EAST ACROSS THE SUSQ/S WEST
BRANCH AND NORTH BRANCH BETWEEN 22-01Z. THE FAVORABLE MESOSCALE
ENVIRONMENT AND LOCALIZED TERRAIN ENHANCEMENTS OF LLVL SHEAR IN
THE TSRA WILL ENHANCE THE TORNADIC THREAT IN A CORRIDOR FROM KBFD
TO KIPT...KSEG AND KAVP.

Archived