Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA and the fringes - Summer into Fall

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haves and have nots today-Du Bois is over 4" of rain for today, east of the Allegheny Front, less than an inch and rain's about over for this round. The Lower Susquehanna from Harrisburg south is also getting swamped. 

I am definitely in the "have not" category, but then again when aren't I here in Schuylkill County.

So far not impressed as I'm showing a paltry 0.39" from today's event.

Heavy rains overnight pushed my event total up to 1.76" for the event. Gotta wonder what's going to happen with Joaquin, though. GFS have him now making landfall somewhere down in Virginia, while the new EURO actually takes him out to sea.

06z GFS has most of the really heavy rain staying south of the Mason-Dixon line. The Poconos and much of eastern PA doesn't even see 2 inches of rain over the weekend.

KMDT up to 8.24" for the month... so far that would make it the 9th wettest month on record... which is why those kind of rankings are sometimes ridiculous because  8.18" of that fell over 3 events in just 3 24 hour periods... .06" total so far over essentially the other 27 days of the month... I am no where near that total and only at 3.34" after 2.12" last night

KMDT up to 8.24" for the month... so far that would make it the 9th wettest month on record... which is why those kind of rankings are sometimes ridiculous because  8.18" of that fell over 3 events in just 3 24 hour periods... .06" total so far over essentially the other 27 days of the month... I am no where near that total and only at 3.34" after 2.12" last night

Yeah they recorded 4.4" from that one event where my house had less than 1.25" Boundary set up on the other side of 83 and sat for two hours before lifting. It was weird to watch from my office downtown.

Our wettest September on record - 2004 - had either just four or five days of measurable precip. At least half of it was Hurricane Ivan.

Archived