SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Obs Thread 2015

mackerel_sky

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday, much of SAV area got pounded with 2-3" of rain. I wouldn't at all mind a dry break today though there are already storms not far to the NW.

A large limb (15') just suddenly fell in my backyard as a delayed casualty from late yesterday's storms. That could literally have caused quite a headache for someone if they had been out there.

Decent storms trying to fire in NE Ga! Little more unstable today and more heating. Maybe today is the day, we get a decent amount of rain!?

That line does look promising for some us in upstate SC. I'd like to see it build a little more to the south though. Today though is our best chance for decent rain here since Thursday.

Nice line heading up I-85 towards GSP. 

It's looking a little better, but still not very strong.  Hoping it gets a little stronger as it heads into a slightly more unstable environment.  Although, the parameters aren't great either way.  My goal is 0.25".  I think that is modest and doable lol.

All week long they played up today(Sunday) as the wettest/best chance of showers and storms in this current pattern. As late as last night, we were in the 60% likely for today, tonight, Monday, Monday night. Now we're back to the typical summer forecast of 30-40% chance for the week. Summer doldrums...

Ended up with .20" Saturday from 3 showers. No thunder.

It has been like that all year with regard to storms. The days we actually get storms are the days that are not really played up, and the days that are really played up end up doing nothing at all for most folks. Seems like they are just going to keep saying 50% chance now just to be safe.

Looks like the southern end of that line falling apart. Probably not going to see anything here today. 

Getting a little worried now because the line is consolidating.  It appears it is heading straight for me, but this happens a lot and somehow it always ends up missing me.  I'm a little worried this thing is going to dart north of me.

Sigh, I think without a doubt this is going to miss me just to the north.  It would def fall in line with what has happened with every other so called storm the last month.

What looked like a sure thing for at least some meager amounts of rainfall has once again evaporated right before my eyes.  Even with SW flow, it still won't rain here.

Sigh, I think without a doubt this is going to miss me just to the north. It would def fall in line with what has happened with every other so called storm the last month.

What looked like a sure thing for at least some meager amounts of rainfall has once again evaporated right before my eyes. Even with SW flow, it still won't rain here.

You have offically hatched your name into the weenie book. Astonishing I know, since it's not even winter. Sorry man but the doom and gloom is keeping the rain away.

Archived