Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The irony is that these complaints about soccer often come from NASCAR and Baseball fans. I cannot think of two "events" more unappealing and straight boring. 4 hours driving in a circle. Must be the pretty "Tide" colors. Baseball...waiting for dudes who are either Cuban or obese to finally score a run in 95 degree heat / 95% humidity. Again...4 hours.

1) Nothing beats golf on TV for me, especially the final round of the Masters and other majors.

2) Firehouse > Subway

The irony is that these complaints about soccer often come from NASCAR and Baseball fans. I cannot think of two "events" more unappealing and straight boring. 4 hours driving in a circle. Must be the pretty "Tide" colors. Baseball...waiting for dudes who are either Cuban or obese to finally score a run in 95 degree heat / 95% humidity. Again...4 hours.

Agreed.  I thoroughly enjoyed the USWNT's run to the World Cup title.  I've come to appreciate soccer more and more in the past few years.  I love the non-stop action with no commercial's except at the half.

I also like baseball, but the actual games can't hold my attention as much anymore.  Fantasy baseball, on the other hand, is a smorgasbord of stats and strategy...

Agreed.  I thoroughly enjoyed the USWNT's run to the World Cup title.  I've come to appreciate soccer more and more in the past few years.  I love the non-stop action with no commercial's except at the half.

I also like baseball, but the actual games can't hold my attention as much anymore.  Fantasy baseball, on the other hand, is a smorgasbord of stats and strategy...

That's the key though, yeah?

It's different when you can feel involved in the activity somehow. My complaint comes from years of confrontational ignorance. What I hear the doubters really saying is: "I haven't really watched or tried to learn this sport you like, but I'm going to assume it's lame because it seems boring and it wasn't what dad and I did together in the front yard".

My daughters got me interested in soccer.  They were both excellent players.  This was from a sports website in 2005.

At Trinity, junior forward Laura Burns goes by the nickname “Rocket.” And on Tuesday, she used her quickness to net her 100th career goal. The milestone was her third goal of six in Trinity’s win over Eastern Randolph.

But Burns, who has gone from a quiet role player to a team leader, doesn’t just rack up goals against less experienced teams. She scored in Trinity’s 3-2 loss to conference foe Ragsdale, which is the defending 3-A state champion. Burns kept the Bulldogs in the game although she was hobbled by a pulled hamstring.

Burns is getting attention from several Division I schools, including Clemson and UNC Wilmington.

“She has great ball skills,” Trinity coach Mike Sink said. “She can handle it under pressure, and she has a knack for knowing where to be at the right time.”

In addition to her scoring ability, Burns doesn’t have much trouble finding her teammates. Sometimes Sink will move her back to center midfield simply because of her knowledge of the game and her distribution skills. The junior has more than 10 assists so far this season.

Trinity is 3-2 in the Mid-Piedmont 3-A Conference and 11-2 overall. Ragsdale sits atop the conference with a 5-0 record.

Just got back from the urgent care. After my pcp on Monday told me I had a little virus, I apparently do not and instead have streptococcus pyogenes. I haven't had that in 20 years. But after maintaining a body temp of 103f, I thought it would be good to get a second opinion. Hopefully, the antibiotic will knock this out pretty quick!

Just got back from the urgent care. After my pcp on Monday told me I had a little virus, I apparently do not and instead have streptococcus pyogenes. I haven't had that in 20 years. But after maintaining a body temp of 103f, I thought it would be good to get a second opinion. Hopefully, the antibiotic will knock this out pretty quick!

Hope you get better man! Will say a prayer.

Gotta quit eating Waffle House !

Get better soon!

NFL games went downhill when they stopped having the clock stop until the next snap on out of bounds plays outside of 2 minutes left in the first half and 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. That in itself took away a fair bit of "in play" time at the time. However, the no huddle trend has helped to compensate.

I'm telling y'all , check out a LFL football game!!

It's a mindblower! You won't care about the huddle or anything else!

Sorry to hear that buddy. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I used to get strep all the time in middle and high school. After about the 3rd or 4th dose of antibiotic, you usually start to feel much better. Funny thing is, my son had a low fever for a couple days last week. Then the wife got it. Lasted about 2-3 days and she was better. I thought mine was that, but nope. Oh well, no work this week, I guess. :)

Here's a 'sine' for you.

large.jpg

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I used to get strep all the time in middle and high school. After about the 3rd or 4th dose of antibiotic, you usually start to feel much better. Funny thing is, my son had a low fever for a couple days last week. Then the wife got it. Lasted about 2-3 days and she was better. I thought mine was that, but nope. Oh well, no work this week, I guess. :)

Feel better...

Getting ever  closer to pluto.   Team received this photo early today and is the  first picture released since the mini scare a few days ago. It was taken from a distance of a little less than 5 million miles.

Yet another picture where one can see a familiar shape on pluto.  In this one we see a heart shape or butterfly wings, while surface maps based on the recent pics show a "whale" and a dough nut to some folks (below) . Of course other pics showed those strange circular features along the equator which some said made it look like pepperoni slices

7-8-15_pluto_color_new_nasa-jhuapl-swri.

nh-pluto-map.jpg

What are the top five strongest El Nino summers for the southeast?   What were their winters like? normal? anything special?

or it doesn't even matter because their in no correlation between the seasons?    to early to mention winter?  

Five strongest El Nino peaks per Nino 3.4 (not necessarily five strongest Nino summers):

1997-8, 1982-3, 1972-3, 1888-9, and 1877-8

These five suggest the winter of 2015-6 will have a better than average chance for one major winter storm in ATL. Then again, I said something similar for 2014-5 and ATL proper got very little. Keep in mind that analogs are good tools but they're nowhere near crystal balls! Also, the analogs suggest a near normal to a little colder than normal winter for temperatures is most likely as opposed to brutal cold like 2009-10, 1977-8, and 1976-7.

See more here in this El Nino thread:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/46035-2nd-year-nino-stats-se-us/?p=3581592

Getting ever  closer to pluto.   Team received this photo early today and is the  first picture released since the mini scare a few days ago. It was taken from a distance of a little less than 5 million miles.

Yet another picture where one can see a familiar shape on pluto.  In this one we see a heart shape or butterfly wings, while surface maps based on the recent pics show a "whale" and a dough nut to some folks (below) . Of course other pics showed those strange circular features along the equator which some said made it look like pepperoni slices

7-8-15_pluto_color_new_nasa-jhuapl-swri.

nh-pluto-map.jpg

Still gets more rain than Shetley.  :)

Five strongest El Nino peaks per Nino 3.4 (not necessarily five strongest Nino summers):

1997-8, 1982-3, 1972-3, 1888-9, and 1877-8

These five suggest the winter of 2015-6 will have a better than average chance for one major winter storm in ATL. Then again, I said something similar for 2014-5 and ATL proper got very little. Keep in mind that analogs are good tools but they're nowhere near crystal balls! Also, the analogs suggest a near normal to a little colder than normal winter for temperatures is most likely as opposed to brutal cold like 2009-10, 1977-8, and 1976-7.

See more here in this El Nino thread:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/46035-2nd-year-nino-stats-se-us/?p=3581592

Brutal cold doesn't always mean lots of snow, as we found out in recent winters. Also note South carolina and Georgia had a major blizzard in February 1973.

Archived