Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2015 Discussion

Powerball

Clarendon going to take a hit with the rogue cell that popped up

I'm just south of that and it just had massive inflow into it...sucked up all the humidity and heat here locally for a few minutes....back to the sauna now

Edit....now constant rumbling from it....enjoy

Edit 2...just had another massive inflow into it...it's either gonna get huge or backfield behind it

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's actually tolerable outside right now. Convection mixed down lower dewpoints. 78°/68° currently under mostly sunny skies.

Got some great pictures of the thunderstorm structures coming right up! ...

^ Nice pics above, guys.  

Still several obs in IL and IA reporting 80-81 degree dews at this hour.  Highest dew here today was 79.  I see up the river in Sterling they hit 81 at one point.  Another shot at some 80+ dew action tomorrow.  

Was gonna mow tonight, but said screw that lol.  Gonna be real long by Sunday or so, but it's gonna have to wait.  

Not nearly as good of a video as DaveNay's from the other night, but I shot some cell phone video of the light show from the storms to my north/northeast tonight. Little limited to my view though...trees, buildings, etc, but lightning was pretty continuous with a few good flare ups.

Not nearly as good of a video as DaveNay's from the other night, but I shot some cell phone video of the light show from the storms to my north/northeast tonight. Little limited to my view though...trees, buildings, etc, but lightning was pretty continuous with a few good

Tough to top the other night....but very nice....thanks for taking the time to film and share!! Enjoyed it.

Not nearly as good of a video as DaveNay's from the other night, but I shot some cell phone video of the light show from the storms to my north/northeast tonight. Little limited to my view though...trees, buildings, etc, but lightning was pretty continuous with a few good flare ups.

That area of storms is really moving slowly now.  Good thing not over IKK right now...

Good thing not over IKK right now...

Read you loud and clear. But, better be careful with wishing ill on others misfortune. I don't think you really quite grasp how this area can't take anymore rain. Not that you have any control over it. Honestly, this summer is really sucking the fun out of weather for me. I'm tired of rooting against rain. Might be about time to find a new hobby. :)

Nothing better than the sounds of summer with a great lightning show.

Read you loud and clear. But, better be careful with wishing ill on others misfortune. I don't think you really quite grasp how this area can't take anymore rain. Not that you have any control over it. Honestly, this summer is really sucking the fun out of weather for me. I'm tired of rooting against rain. Might be about time to find a new hobby. :)

Let's face it, there's no good place to put it right now. 

Let's face it, there's no good place to put it right now. 

Yep, no doubt. Some have it worse than others of course. But I guess I should have said I'm tired of it for everyone that's been facing flooding all summer. When it hits close to home as well...well, I guess this is my weather morality moment. And with that, I shall end such talk...and bid you adieu.

Can't help but be amazed by some of the extreme moisture levels that are being reported on the other side of the planet.  Some of the obs coming out of the Persian Gulf area are just sick.  

Check out the latest ob from Abumusa Island (OIBA)...

91/90/133.  1/4 mile in dense fog.  The island sits right out in the middle of the Persian Gulf.  Seems legit as well, as many other sites surrounding it have 86-88 dews.  Just incredible.

EDIT:  I can't imagine what it would be like to have dense fog and 91 degree temps.  That's freaking incredible.

Dews

whjo5l.jpg

Archived