Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why I haven't taken it on yet.

Slow but, I have a phone interview this afternoon that I hope will lead to an in person one next week. For the last year or so I was seriously thinking about how to make a move from the retail to supply side of my industry and this would do that and I would be able to take advantage of a lifetime of experience doing it so I'm pretty excited.  Fingers crossed :guitar:  

Slow but, I have a phone interview this afternoon that I hope will lead to an in person one next week. For the last year or so I was seriously thinking about how to make a move from the retail to supply side of my industry and this would do that and I would be able to take advantage of a lifetime of experience doing it so I'm pretty excited.  Fingers crossed :guitar:  

Nice.. Good luck!

And for good measure hopefully we can all cash in on some white gold in Feb & March

Best of luck!

Taking a look at the 0z nam. One may argue a flip to snow at the tail end is possible for the interior.

Maybe some ZR for a select few tomorrow night. Other than that all I see is rain and a decent amount too.

RGEM shows the freezing rain threat and probably the only SR model I trust nowadays.

Lets take a look at the '06-'07 winter, overall I recorded 26.8" of snow, a much below normal season.  That said, on 2/2/07 I recorded a similar incident to last night with 1.50" of snow falling from squalls that came through with a cold front.  Then I recorded 8" from the 2/13/07 storm, I noted that the 8" was about half sleet and half snow, it was a wild storm. Then I picked up 11" of snow with a little sleet for the 3/16/07 storm.  Both of those storms are very memorable in an otherwise crappy winter so lets hope we get at least something memorable over the next couple of months.     

So at this point in the 06-07 winter I still didn't have any recorded measurable snowfall.  I should note though that in 2007 I didn't have a snow board set up yet nor did I have an actual snow ruler.  So I have some notes of dustings in January 2007 which could have been anything up to .25" as back then I didn't record those as measurable snowfall.  My log shows that what I considered to be the first measurable snowfall occurred on 1/19/07 with .25" and that was followed up by the second measurable snowfall of .50" on 1/30/07.  I know, who cares as I barley do myself but I'm bored out of my mind and had to look into something weather wise.   

Hopefully the good luck wishes helped, that phone interview went well yesterday.  Now I need to wait for the pres of the company to get back from an overseas trip before I find out if I made the next round, the in person, interviews.  Hmmph, seems like when a job was just a job it was much easier to get one, now it needs to feed a family and a lifestyle which makes it SO much harder.

Hopefully the good luck wishes helped, that phone interview went well yesterday.  Now I need to wait for the pres of the company to get back from an overseas trip before I find out if I made the next round, the in person, interviews.  Hmmph, seems like when a job was just a job it was much easier to get one, now it needs to feed a family and a lifestyle which makes it SO much harder.

Glad to hear it went well, hopefully its onto the next round for you.

Models have been trending colder.. Tomorrow morning could be interesting

Yeah I saw that...hopefully it starts cold because this part of the valley doesn't seem to pull in cold air very quickly during times of cold air advection...always seems to downslope on NW winds during wet snow events. Not giving up hope for a slushy inch or so. 40/30 now

Out of all of us, looks like you have the best shot here at seeing advisory level snows, sweet spot seems to be far western orange into Sullivan etc, then on into Ct and NE

Areas around me with over 1000' elevation might be surprised when they wake up in the morning. From 850 down to the surface looks marginal at best so with good precip rates they might be able to squeeze out an isothermal snow bonb

Headed up to Marist College tomorrow morning with my older son for a prospect baseball camp he was invited to.  Have to be there by 8:30am so will be hitting the road bright and early tomorrow from Monmouth County, NJ to get up there in time. Was originally thinking we would get lucky with the warmer temps but not so much anymore?  Your thoughts up that way?  Also, any good places to eat around that area afterwards? Thanks guys!

Areas around me with over 1000' elevation might be surprised when they wake up in the morning. From 850 down to the surface looks marginal at best so with good precip rates they might be able to squeeze out an isothermal snow bonb

From Mt Holly NWS.

O z running will be telling tonight.

Going to be a cold rain for sure.

NJZ001-007-PAZ054-055-062-162100-

SUSSEX-WARREN-CARBON-MONROE-NORTHAMPTON-

358 PM EST FRI JAN 15 2016

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHERN NEW JERSEY...EAST

CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA AND NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA.

.DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.

RAIN WILL MIX WITH AND POTENTIALLY CHANGEOVER TO SNOW LATE

TONIGHT, WITH SNOW ACCUMULATIONS UP TO ONE INCH. BE PREPARED FOR

SLIPPERY DRIVING CONDITIONS IF THE SNOWFALL OCCURS.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY.

From Mt Holly NWS.

O z running will be telling tonight.

Going to be a cold rain for sure.

NJZ001-007-PAZ054-055-062-162100-

SUSSEX-WARREN-CARBON-MONROE-NORTHAMPTON-

358 PM EST FRI JAN 15 2016

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHERN NEW JERSEY...EAST

CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA AND NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA.

.DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.

RAIN WILL MIX WITH AND POTENTIALLY CHANGEOVER TO SNOW LATE

TONIGHT, WITH SNOW ACCUMULATIONS UP TO ONE INCH. BE PREPARED FOR

SLIPPERY DRIVING CONDITIONS IF THE SNOWFALL OCCURS.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY.

Figures it's only for Sussex and Warren. We probably won't get anything here anyway so it's understandable.

Figures it's only for Sussex and Warren. We probably won't get anything here anyway so it's understandable.

Radar is impressive right now to the south.

It will be interesting to see if I flip to snow in the wee hours of the morning.

Temp has actually gone up a degree recently. sitting at 38F

Valley locations are cooler right now.

Archived