• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 4 Weather tracking the forecast

SACRUS

the greatest July 4th weather I've lived thru was in 1965...The high was 90 after a low of 65 with few clouds and low humidity...The worst was 1978 with light rain and temperatures around 60 all day...here in Florida it's Sunny and 87 already...

2010 - while a torch had low dews and was pound for pound the best one I can remember just ahead of 66, 02 and 99.

Happy 4th Joe.  Just left Florida yesterday.  Was hoping to bring some warmth up with me.  

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will make two years in a row.  Luckily not a washout.  Back edge of clouds in to PA and some breaks in SNJ and beach areas but more UK like than NY/NJ.

We switched places with the UK and Europe on this one.

http://www.weather.com/forecast/news/europe-heat-wave-record-highs-june-july-2015

https://twitter.com/Sustainable2050/status/617218395419869184

Ehh, actually not too bad at all.  The sky dimmed, it dribbled and spit a little but not consistently so I went out and started the yardwork that needed to be done.  Worked up a good sweat and finished most of it.  Now it's getting brighter and there's a breeze trying to kick up.  This day may end up being mostly salvageable after all.

Based on current radar trends and water vapor imagery; Everyone will see showers from now until about 6 pm with gradual clearing skies after 7 pm.

I bet we see sunshine way before that. Some NJ spots are reporting beautiful weather. Last line of showers just passing by at this moment.

Pretty bad day overall weather wise. No, not absolutely terrible like it could have been, but relative to normal at this time of year, it's bad. We had a break of partial sunshine for about 45 minutes or so, otherwise overcast, some light rain, and temperatures in the lower-mid 70s. More typical of the second half of September. Far from a great pool/beach day. Thankfully, tomorrow should be stunning. Looking forward to mid 80s/sunny and moderate humidity.

Turned out REALLY good. We went up to Candlewood Lake and went out on a boat to watch fireworks in a bunch of places at the same time. It was about 60* with just a hint of a breeze and barely a cloud to be seen. Purrrrfect B)

That sounds awesome. I was actually thinking this afternoon about how nice it would be to watch from Candlewood, but there was plenty of stuff going on locally.

Archived