Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
6.8.15 Obs: Destruction From Above!

FXW176

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt. The rest of east central PA easily gets some type of watch. I'm unsure what will happen for our immediate area though. Probably at least a severe thunderstorm watch I guess.

Could prob go either way around DC but a tor watch wouldn't be surprising.

Could prob go either way around DC but a tor watch wouldn't be surprising.

I personally think the next south watch may not get quite to DC given that meso discussion. But weirder watches have come out after those kinds of fringe discussions. 

Jackpotville might be a good target. Def could be some spinnys up in PA down into N MD.. perhaps near bay.

Take the train to Bmore, then get on the light rail and heat north to Hunt Valley. I'll pick you up on my way home from work, we can chase. 

So you're referring to Colesville, MD right? ;)

you wish

I wouid argue red box since due to rotation already being observed and in the warning from CTP that was just issued

Perhaps red box for them bluebox for us. I'm still not convinced that our watch will be the same watch as the CTP area. Though I wlll probably be wrong. I also don't think the fact that CTP hasn't pushed anything yet is an indicator of type of watch - it just means nothing has been issued yet.

mappy is gonna be taking pics later with her shelfie stick. 

If timing is much later (like 6pmish) then yes. Any earlier and I may be caught out in it. Gotta head into PA to do some shopping after work. 

I personally think the next south watch may not get quite to DC given that meso discussion. But weirder watches have come out after those kinds of fringe discussions. 

5% tor covers most of the area north of the DC beltway... not sure why they'd put a watch up north and not at least a red box for PA and probably into N MD.. if so we might get included just because if nothing else (see earlier this year).  Winds are backed near the ridges and east of 95.. not too strongly SW elsewhere. Most of eastern PA has backed winds too. Storm coverage could be a question before late...

5% tor covers most of the area north of the DC beltway... not sure why they'd put a watch up north and not at least a red box for PA and probably into N MD.. if so we might get included just because if nothing else (see earlier this year).  Winds are backed near the ridges and east of 95.. not too strongly SW elsewhere. Most of eastern PA has backed winds too. Storm coverage could be a question before late...

totally agree ian

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED  

TORNADO WATCH NUMBER 276  

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK  

225 PM EDT MON JUN 8 2015  

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A  

* TORNADO WATCH FOR PORTIONS OF  

MARYLAND PANHANDLE  

CENTRAL AND EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA  

NORTHWEST VIRGINIA  

EASTERN WEST VIRGINIA  

* EFFECTIVE THIS MONDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING FROM 225 PM UNTIL