Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It turned out not to be so quick.  1.6" and still raining.

Impressive radar out your way. We had a few showers here at work but MBY was rain free tonight. Hoping this big chunk of rain comes on east and gets over my area.....as long as it clears out by tomorrow so we can get some decent sun to destabilize things for our next round of storms.

Well, looks like I'm getting set up for another dissapointment.  Storms are dancing all around me as usual.  It's comical how to close I get to storms so often and not get anything but damp pavement at best.  Storms to my west, east, north, and south but not a drop of rain so far.

I think you get hit good within the next hour. That line is forming nicely just above I-85. 

Drizzle!!! lol.  At least it is cooler outside now.  Not even hardly any thunder with these storms to my north.

Edit:  And the storm congels and drops south just as it passes me.  Every single fricking time.

gpNE99y.gif

And the radar looks even more unbelievable now.  I swear there is some weather phenomenon here in action.  I don't know how or why, but this happens way to often to be mere coincidence.  We just had a token 5 seconds of heavy rain.

And the last remaining shred of hope I had left.  What was the remaining tail end of the convection took a dive south.  I guess all I'll get is a brief period of stratiform rain.  This went exactly like I though it would.  Scattered convection, not much severe, and not hardly any thunder.  0.03"  Bring on the drought and expensive water bills.

Sparkle, you gotta change your thinking. Next time, BELIEVE you will get the heavy rain and watch what happens. Do it, and remember that Cold Rain said so.

lol If that worked I would have had a foot of snow this past winter.  Storms moving through here have the same repetiive behavior.  There are exceptions, but once we get locked in the cycle it is a hard one to break.  Eventually there will be something to come through to break the sh***y pattern.  This has happened every summer since I've followed weather here.

Archived