• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2015 Observation Thread

Isopycnic

Cooler here today by 10 degrees. Even the dew point is lower than the  previous 3 days. Currently it is at 91,dew point at 67. Some pop up storms have formed just south of Havelock. I am hoping the migrate westward but it doesn't look like they will. 

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topped out at 99.7° today on the nearest weather station.  Currently sitting at 93.2° which looks to be one of the lowest readings around the area.  Yesterday before the rain we reached 101.5° which is probably overdone by a degree or 2.  While at Carowinds I drank almost 300 ounces and didn't pee for almost 12 hours :fever: .  Several people in front of me passed out waiting in line for the water slides.  At least the lines for the coasters weren't bad.  In fact I rode the new Fury 325 three times in a span of 20 minutes.

Radar isn't looking too impressive for mby right now, but we still have a few hours to get something going.  Only 4 months until cooler weather!

Cooler here today by 10 degrees. Even the dew point is lower than the  previous 3 days. Currently it is at 91,dew point at 67. Some pop up storms have formed just south of Havelock. I am hoping the migrate westward but it doesn't look like they will. 

1 Hour after posting this, our dew point soared to 76 where it now sits with a temp of 84. We are currently under a severe thunderstorm warning. Lots of thunder here including1 nearby strike while I was out walking my dogs. Scared the crap out of me and made me walk much faster.

Update: Storm dumped .10" on us. The worst of it apparently missed us.

Severe thunderstorm warning for Granville and Person counties. Storm is moving southeast. Maybe I will get one tonight.

Same storm that came through Roanoke earlier. Had a nice wall cloud associated with it when it moved through.

Nice 30,000'+/- anvil structure with that cluster in SE Johnston Co. moving East. Too many trees to get a decent photo. First anvil I've seen this year.

Was driving home from the airport in GSO around 5:30 and noted an anvil due north. Beautiful storm. Looked it up on radar and learned it was over Rocky Mount, VA at the time! HUGE storm. Didnt get the cloud tops on it but it was showing .75 hail and rotation on Pykl3.

Archived