joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2015 pattern discussion

GaWx

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest GFS is the hottest one I have seen all year, basically 90+ heat for a week straight starting next Tues with some days well into the 90's, nothing earth shattering or record breaking just a sustained 7 day period of heat, its also pretty different from the runs before today so we will see if the models hold on to it .....I am skeptical though given the over all setup and the amount of wet ground...

6/9 - 6/11

TUE-WED-THU: CONFIDENCE REMAINS BELOW AVERAGE BY MID WEEK GIVEN THE COMPLEX PATTERN IN PLACE ACROSS THE CONUS. AT THIS TIME...EXPECT AT OR ABOVE NORMAL CHANCES FOR CONVECTION...NEAR OR SLIGHTLY BELOW NORMAL HIGHS AND NEAR NORMAL LOWS...WITH ANOTHER POTENTIAL CUT-OFF LOW DEVELOPING UPSTREAM OVER THE LOWER MS RIVER/TN VALLEY AND DEEP SOUTH. -VINCENT

WEDNESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY: THERE IS A GREAT DEAL OF UNCERTAINTY IN

THIS TIME PERIOD...RESULTING IN A LOW CONFIDENCE FORECAST. IT IS

STILL UNCERTAIN WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH THE FRONT BEYOND TUESDAY...AS

IT WILL EITHER STALL OVER THE REGION RESULTING IN A RELATIVELY RAINY

PERIOD...OR PROGRESS THROUGH THE CAROLINAS RESULTING IN GENERALLY

DRY WEATHER. THE GFS SUPPORTS THE FORMER WHILE THE ECMWF INDICATES

THE LATTER.

Looking at the afternoon model data that is rolling in...

The GFS keeps wanting to pump some serious moisture content to pretty much anyone east of the Mississippi River starting this upcoming week...

The worst of it looks to be aiming for the Western Gulf Coast Region but it all eventually slides eastward...and even for us ahead of the biggest moisture plume, we're looking at water values that would be more than sufficient. With a general weakness located across the region, it should give a lot of places an opportunity to at least hold serve on rainfall, compared to climatological averages for early/mid June...

post-1418-0-66737700-1433610490_thumb.pn

post-1418-0-08433800-1433610512_thumb.pn

post-1418-0-12959100-1433610554_thumb.pn

post-1418-0-75013700-1433610569_thumb.pn

Really? That's WRONG.

WRONG is your avatar sir   :angry:   :P   :(  

Wrong? its freaking hilarious.

I know right?!   :lol:  

What's really funny is Jshetly is arguing with one of the best Mets on the entire board.

Agree  :wub:  

In other news.....it might rain later this week  :D   

Looking at the afternoon model data that is rolling in...

The GFS keeps wanting to pump some serious moisture content to pretty much anyone east of the Mississippi River starting this upcoming week...

The worst of it looks to be aiming for the Western Gulf Coast Region but it all eventually slides eastward...and even for us ahead of the biggest moisture plume, we're looking at water values that would be more than sufficient. With a general weakness located across the region, it should give a lot of places an opportunity to at least hold serve on rainfall, compared to climatological averages for early/mid June...

attachicon.gif144PWAT.png

attachicon.gif168 PWAT.png

attachicon.gif192PWAT.png

attachicon.gif240PWAT.png

That all sounds good, but today's 06z GFS spits out a whopping 0.12" for KJNX over the next 7 days.

It says "start of a convectively active period" but then stated all of energy heads to the OH valley and that slight chance of precip, S of 85 , may be too high!? What's less than slight? 0?

But , convectively active??

They don't just discuss the weather at your house. Active in the Ohio valley.

WxSouth had a long post on facebook about the potential for storms tonight.

The Storm Prediction Center has an outlook for today with strong storms possibly developing and organizing ahead of a moderately strong cold front for June, near the Ohio River, and pushing east, southeast tonight. So far, the graphic doesn't include much of the Southern Apps, foothills region of VA, western Carolinas, north GA where I think there's a decent potential for this line to develop more strongly than indicated so far.

What's really funny is Jshetly is arguing with one of the best Mets on the entire board.

I highly doubt that, but I do hate seeing facts ignored, misinterpreted, or distorted. I guess it's a pet peeve of mine. 

Archived