SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 2015 General Disco

snowlover2

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely was the best good weather weekend of summer. Very comfortable and only a trace of rain late this afternoon. Clouded over late this afternoon, but it beats drizzle or fog.

High of 74°

Actually there might be some measurable rain in the next hour or so.

Just about every golf course closed right now, not so good with the great weather we had today :(

Heatherdowns was pretty much a pond from the pictures I saw. I would imagine courses like Stone Ridge and Red Hawk might open up by Tuesday. These courses with creeks however will be in trouble

Heatherdowns was pretty much a pond from the pictures I saw. I would imagine courses like Stone Ridge and Red Hawk might open up by Tuesday. These courses with creeks however will be in trouble

Red Hawk's creeks probably aren't treating a lot of their greens well right now. 

My home course has some standing water and a little tree damage but it's gonna take some time to drain well

Today was nice. Not very summer-like, but nice. I got a chance to clean up the massive amounts of twig and tree litter that blew into the yard from the weekend storm system. There actually was quite a bit of damage around town for a storm that only brought 40-45mph gusts...I think the sustained nature of the wind was really impressive and took it's toll on trees and power lines. There were a couple ~6" diameter limbs down in my neighborhood, and about 150,000 people were without power in the metro area. The wind was really unrelenting.

Couldn't help but think, if this storm system happened in January it would have been some kind of blizzard.

Today was nice. Not very summer-like, but nice. I got a chance to clean up the massive amounts of twig and tree litter that blew into the yard from the weekend storm system. There actually was quite a bit of damage around town for a storm that only brought 40-45mph gusts...I think the sustained nature of the wind was really impressive and took it's toll on trees and power lines. There were a couple ~6" diameter limbs down in my neighborhood, and about 150,000 people were without power in the metro area. The wind was really unrelenting.

Couldn't help but think, if this storm system happened in January it would have been some kind of blizzard.

As I said in another post, it was not only sustained wind, but the fact that it was coming out of the opposite direction as usual. Many trees and limbs that normally wouldn't come down did. Around here there were also quite a few trees completely uprooted due to the saturated ground. There were still 22,000 without power in the Fort as of last evening.

I would considers temps 5-10 degrees below normal "cold."

That's just me though.

I have a hard time using that word in summer unless it's just extreme, like what happened the other day in your area.

Let's say you're in Phoenix, where the average high is 106.  If it's 98, is that cold? 

I have a hard time using that word in summer unless it's just extreme, like what happened the other day in your area.

Let's say you're in Phoenix, where the average high is 106.  If it's 98, is that cold? 

It depends.

Relative to where temps should be, I would say yes. 

Admittingly , SOME of it is also preference. Lately, my tolerance for cold weather has been waning. I find myself shivering even with temps in the low 70s, especially if there's not much sun. 

Upper 70s/low 80s in the point for the next 7 days.  Fantastic summer weather IMO.  I love heat as much as anyone else, but I'll take these cooler temps as well.  Saving quite a bit of money on AC so far this summer.  

After 2012's never ending heat, I don't feel the need for it to be hot during the summer as much as I used to.

Mid 70s to low 80s again for the next 7, with chances of storms here and there. Wash, rinse, repeat. The fact that I've only turned on the A/C once heading into July makes me happy. No hot spells in sight either.

No one in my neighborhood has turned on their sprinklers either. A big plus.

whole mass slowly drifting south towards IKK :yikes:

Yeah....bad news bears...

Cielings lifted for a minute here and you can see rain shafts all around that literally look like waterfalls....some solid rates going on around the area for sure. I'm sure some of these mini convergence points are offering different lighting to the shafts also...

Getting cracks of thunder now too

Archived