joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2015 General Thunderstorm Thread

powderfreak

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy how the storms are dying once they hit the ct river valley. Typically that's not the case.

...any idea why?

yup...

b/c this is New England and it's the biggest piece of crap region not only in the country, not only in Northern America but the entire fooking world.  Always something...always something...doesn't matter what it is.  A bird could fly overhead and take a freaking giant blob of poop at the wrong time and that would completely screw up any convective threat.  Screw high instability...instability means absolutely nothing unless there is some degree of forcing and upper support.  maybe the s/w was crap or is crap...can't even find the piece of garbage on WV imagery.  It's probably some tiny garbage circulation which is composed of several hundred drunk mosquitoes that the models picked up.  New England sucks.  Time for a glass of wine and then bed and work tomorrow and hopefully no more convective threats.  

You stole our snow so we're stealing your severe.  Nothing personal.

didn't steal my snow...didn't get much snow to steal...missed out on virtually every event...got screwed big time in that blizzard.  probably only got like IDK...can't measure where I live and this winter wasn't fun for me so didn't pay attention much

yup...

b/c this is New England and it's the biggest piece of crap region not only in the country, not only in Northern America but the entire fooking world. Always something...always something...doesn't matter what it is. A bird could fly overhead and take a freaking giant blob of poop at the wrong time and that would completely screw up any convective threat. Screw high instability...instability means absolutely nothing unless there is some degree of forcing and upper support. maybe the s/w was crap or is crap...can't even find the piece of garbage on WV imagery. It's probably some tiny garbage circulation which is composed of several hundred drunk mosquitoes that the models picked up. New England sucks. Time for a glass of wine and then bed and work tomorrow and hopefully no more convective threats.

Epic melt down.

...get a paper bag and breathe deeply into it.

yup...

b/c this is New England and it's the biggest piece of crap region not only in the country, not only in Northern America but the entire fooking world. Always something...always something...doesn't matter what it is. A bird could fly overhead and take a freaking giant blob of poop at the wrong time and that would completely screw up any convective threat. Screw high instability...instability means absolutely nothing unless there is some degree of forcing and upper support. maybe the s/w was crap or is crap...can't even find the piece of garbage on WV imagery. It's probably some tiny garbage circulation which is composed of several hundred drunk mosquitoes that the models picked up. New England sucks. Time for a glass of wine and then bed and work tomorrow and hopefully no more convective threats.

:lmao:

Dude serious......understand that here in SNE is actually awesome for SVR compared to other places......like the San Francisco Bay Area.....where there is none....NONE.....I lived there 32 years....it suks....I think I saw lightning like 5 times in 32 years.....lolz

didn't steal my snow...didn't get much snow to steal...missed out on virtually every event...got screwed big time in that blizzard. probably only got like IDK...can't measure where I live and this winter wasn't fun for me so didn't pay attention much

Which blizzard? I thought last winter was great after a slow start.....great snow banks.....felt like i was shoveling every other day from mid January through February....

:lmao:

Dude serious......understand that here in SNE is actually awesome for SVR compared to other places......like the San Francisco Bay Area.....where there is none....NONE.....I lived there 32 years....it suks....I think I saw lightning like 5 times in 32 years.....lolz

yeah but they don't get severe chances to fail lol

Which blizzard? I thought last winter was great after a slow start.....great snow banks.....felt like i was shoveling every other day from mid January through February....

I don't remember...but it was the one where we were just west where the heaviest banding didn't quite get us...forget what we ended up with but we looked good for like 14-20'' (or even 18-24'').  but this winter sucked personally so I don't remember much.  I think BDL ended up in the 60's for snow?  so we were probably in the 50's to near 60 which was meh compared to most..still above but meh

probably was hours ago lol. this stuff is teasing though. I mean it's kind of hard to completely give up given how unstable it is. I guess at this point just hoping to see some lightning

If anything happens it will be one of those "holy S what the F was that" as you wake up to crashing thunder and a tree trunk in your bed.....lolz

If anything happens it will be one of those "holy S what the F was that" as you wake up to crashing thunder and a tree trunk in your bed.....lolz

pretty much lol.

I would go to bed but my brother is bringing me something from Chilies so I'll stay up...but I have to work at 8:30 so I'll just set an alarm for like 2:00 and look at the radar on my phone and see what's up.  

Heavy heavy rainers today, mixed with reports of hail and wind. Definitely a fun day weather wise. Have picked up 1.02" today, but east and north of here has gotten crushed with widespread 1-3" of rain, most of it in a very short period of time. loghtning and thunder were impressive.

Archived