Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pamela

Nothing beats the Wildwood Boardwalk. Been going there since I was a toddler. 

Darian: Gordon paid (x number of dollars*) for that...

Bud: Geez, you could have had a whole beach house for that...

Darian: Yeah...in Wildwood, New Jersey. *conveyed in a tone that was very dismissive and slightly condescending*

*The omission of the monetary amount was deliberate as the discussion of dollars might be perceived as a rather de classe endeavor...

Guest Pamela

if i believed in god i'd pray for a warm winter. the plants and fauna could use a recovery

I very much like your use of the conditional tense "if I believed"....conveys a perfectly splendid synergy between hope and the slightest bit of uncertainty...

Darian: Gordon paid (x number of dollars*) for that...

Bud: Geez, you could have had a whole beach house for that...

Darian: Yeah...in Wildwood, New Jersey. *conveyed in a tone that was very dismissive and slightly condescending*

*The omission of the monetary amount was deliberate as the discussion of dollars might be perceived as a rather de classe endeavor...

Bud , remember this , Man looks in the abyss, there's nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss.

Guest Pamela

You are a weird individual

A rather vague adjective; rife with ambiguity and invoked far too frequently since it worked its way into the contemporary vernacular...

Guest Pamela

Bud , remember this , Man looks in the abyss, there's nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss.

I guess you guys are not looking to open an IRA?

The moment I laid eyes on you I knew you were no good...

*Officer places the handgrips on him and the tears flow*

I guess you guys are not looking to open an IRA?

The moment I laid eyes on you I knew you were no good...

*Officer places the handgrips on him and the tears flow*

Dam , was my next line - As he is led out in handcuffs/tears . It`s the best line 

Guest Pamela

Dam , was my next line - As he is led out in handcuffs/tears . It`s the best line 

I'm like *really* quick....

Guest Pamela

When Sirius rises

With the sun

Mark the Dog Days

Well begun...

<Old Roman proverb>

The denizens of Rome reasoned incorrectly that the addition of the heat generated by Sirius rising in the morning during the July through August period was the sine qua non in making that spell so unbearably warm...

Yep! Can't wait. A few more days. I was going to go to Montauk to watch but I chose Catskills so I can do some decent milky way photography as well.

I just updated to Lightroom 6.1, and the new "dehaze" slider works wonders at minimizing the effects of light pollution on night sky images. I'm amazed at how much more detail I've been able to coax out of Milky Way images with this new tool. It's hardly worth buying into the CC just for one feature, but it's definitely something to look out for.

please post the pics, I'd love to see them.. 

i'm going to enjoy the show from my backyard.. it gets pretty dark here and there's not too much tree cover so I should have an excellent view of a decent portion.. i'm stoked!!!

and i like the turn this thread took here, even if i have NO clue what it's referencing! :D

Guest Pamela

and i like the turn this thread took here, even if i have NO clue what it's referencing! :D

Oliver Stone's Wall Street / 1987

Young, borderline penniless stockbroker gets involved with a big time corporate raider who brings him inside...but at what cost to the kid?  It's a morality play, I suppose...   

Oliver Stone's Wall Street / 1987

Young, borderline penniless stockbroker gets involved with a big time corporate raider who brings him inside...but at what cost to the kid?  It's a morality play, I suppose...   

oh, i haven't seen that since i was a kid, no wonder! i'm going to have to re-watch that so i understand it! 

thanks! i love me some 80's movies.. it was the beginning of the end of good stories.. everything now is a remake/reboot and well, i'm just not into it.. 

i like to be told an original story.. haven't "felt" a movie in a while.. if Lord of the Rings counts, i suppose.. but nothing like the movies back in the day

Guest Pamela

oh, i haven't seen that since i was a kid, no wonder! i'm going to have to re-watch that so i understand it! 

thanks! i love me some 80's movies.. it was the beginning of the end of good stories.. everything now is a remake/reboot and well, i'm just not into it.. 

i like to be told an original story.. haven't "felt" a movie in a while.. if Lord of the Rings counts, i suppose.. but nothing like the movies back in the day

I don't think they've written a good song since about 1989...well, maybe a couple...but not too many. 

Lol the first signs already here with the days getting shorter

My first accumulating snowfalls have been before November 13 since 2010. By that metric, I'm probably within 100 days of my first snow events—and possibly no more than 80 days, if 2011 is any indication.

Incidentally, today marks 45 weeks until the summer solstice...

When inspecting my bee hive yard yesterday, I came across one of the largest Wooly Bear caterpillars I have personally seen. A smaller brown stripe as opposed to the black head and remainder of the body. It all means nothing, however folk lore says a great winter en route for the snow and cold crowd. A little positive news in the middle of summer!

Archived