SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you bluewave as well! I feel so flattered, all the big guns responding to my humble post :-P

No problem...have a great trip and thanks for the compliment. Just don't be like my neighbor who found a stray

cat on the beach there and snuck it back on the plane ride home.   :D

Woah, THIS I want to hear. Did they catch him/her?

It was back in the 1980's and he worked for the airlines so it wasn't a problem getting the kitten home.

He told the neighbors on the block that the kitten got forced out of the litter and was begging the tourists

for food on the beach.

What is wrong with you people wanting rain and thunderstorms on a summer Sunday...go outside and enjoy life

It's one Sunday. Who gives a crap. Plus my area could really use the rain. This is a weather enthusiast board. Most of us like all types of weather, especially extreme weather. If you like the heat and lack of precip so much, we do have a nice desert in the SW. Otherwise kindy stfu already.

It's one Sunday. Who gives a crap. Plus my area could really use the rain. This is a weather enthusiast board. Most of us like all types of weather, especially extreme weather. If you like the heat and lack of precip so much, we do have a nice desert in the SW. Otherwise kindy stfu already.

You're wasting your breath

:lol: good stuff. But yeah you guys def need the rain

It was back in the 1980's and he worked for the airlines so it wasn't a problem getting the kitten home.

He told the neighbors on the block that the kitten got forced out of the litter and was begging the tourists

for food on the beach.

Wow. These days the kitten would've gotten a cavity search :-)

It was shark week about 30 miles south of Jones Inlet.

https://www.facebook.com/erincolton12/videos/10152938775736630/?fref=nf

South shore of LI is stacked with sharks. Makos, Threshers, Blues, Browns and occasional Whites.

I've caught 250+ pound Makos as close as 5 miles from land.

200-400 pound threshers are common within a mile of the beach as well.

South shore of LI is stacked with sharks. Makos, Threshers, Blues, Browns and occasional Whites.

I've caught 250+ pound Makos as close as 5 miles from land.

200-400 pound threshers are common within a mile of the beach as well.

A fisherman got the lifeguards mad in Long Beach a few summers back when he decided to chum from his boat

not too far from the shore. The lifeguards called the swimmers in when they saw some fins they thought were

sharks in the chum slick.

Sweet I was in the water at jones beach today. They are always out there

I caught a sand shark once in Reynold's Channel that I threw back and the thing felt like pure muscle.

Jelleyfish are the only thing that scared me when I swam regularly back in Long Beach. A bad encounter

sent me to the Doctor with one of the worst rashes of raised welts that I ever had.

Actually the far majority of us have had rain all but a few days this month so who is the outlier

Another 1-2" of rain today across parts of the Austin area. Bill focused east of us, but the "drumbeat" of daily convection has hammered us so that the Austin area has been soaked, and it's not over yet with the remnants of Carlos around and plenty of instability. I was woken up at 5 this morning with ridiculous thunder-the storms hit just north of me mostly. My neighborhood has been somewhat of a shaft zone this month vs. getting deluged every opportunity in May. All of us are well above normal for June however. 

I caught a sand shark once in Reynold's Channel that I threw back and the thing felt like pure muscle.

Jelleyfish are the only thing that scared me when I swam regularly back in Long Beach. A bad encounter

sent me to the Doctor with one of the worst rashes of raised welts that I ever had.

Jellyfish are the worst. When I was 10 I was swimming off Minnesota beach and one got me like crazy. The lifeguards have first aid kits but it still stung like a mother you-know. Down from the bottom of my right rib cage to my thigh. 

Jellyfish are the worst. When I was 10 I was swimming off Minnesota beach and one got me like crazy. The lifeguards have first aid kits but it still stung like a mother you-know. Down from the bottom of my right rib cage to my thigh.

Those are most likely lions manes if you had no scar. The bad boys are the man o wars. I thought we didn't see them until I found 3 giant ones washed up on jones beach 3 years ago this June after 2 weeks of blasting SE winds. Right from the gulf stream. The amazing thing is those guys aren't jelly fish. They are a group of animals working together. And can have tentacles 100 feet long!!!

The water visibility was often so poor in Long Beach that you just had to look on the shore to see if there were jellyfish 

washed up before going in. The day that I got stung there weren't any washed up but the water was so cloudy that

I didn't even see when I brushed by it. I often said that the there was so much in the surf that we could never see.

A hugh skate startled me once as I didn't see it coming until it pased within a few feet of me while I was swimming.

Only on rare occasions with easterly winds for days did the water clear up but never was as crystal clear as Florida.

We should try this experiment at Newark sometime.  ;)  The smell must be fantastic as soon as

you open the car door and get in. Maybe one of the Jersey or Staten Island crew members will let

us use their car for the experiment.

https://www.facebook.com/NWSPhoenix/photos/a.116399401775257.27060.109632169118647/472991919449335/?type=1&theater

We should try this experiment at Newark sometime. ;) The smell must be fantastic as soon as

you open the car door and get in. Maybe one of the Jersey or Staten Island crew members will let

us use their car for the experiment.

https://www.facebook.com/NWSPhoenix/photos/a.116399401775257.27060.109632169118647/472991919449335/?type=1&theater

If you want to smell something awful just go into any NYC subway when it's hot.

Hop in the car real quick and come get some. Its been plenty wet here. We have mud and mosquitos. You can take all you want, I won't charge you anything. Really its FREE.

Y'all need to stop whining about rain/no rain. I've only had two days off in the last five weeks that it didn't rain :(

What do you know...any storms that come through will miss my area to the north. Shocking...

Archived