• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Unofficial Start to Summer Banter

dmillz25

ugly stretch for you, epic cold and snows, and then warm/hot and bone dry once that ended...

See I don't mind the cold and snow when it's appropriate, like between Christmas and President's Day. I love a good snow storm just like most of the rest of us but I don't understand the obsession with bitter cold or snow packs. I find both of them as useful as **** on a bull. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Severe T-storm warning now for hail. This storm is practically stationary-only crawling north. A mile or two south of where I am is getting crushed.

You can see how strong the vertical wind shear is just by looking at the radar with cloud debris moving West to East and the cell moving from South to North. 

See I don't mind the cold and snow when it's appropriate, like between Christmas and President's Day. I love a good snow storm just like most of the rest of us but I don't understand the obsession with bitter cold or snow packs. I find both of them as useful as **** on a bull. 

Rain, on the other hand, never ceases to captivate.

:whistle:

Storm is pulsing down but more are firing over the Hill Country in a place to feed the rivers which flooded already. 2" of rain fell in the town of Manchaca which is a south Austin suburb.

Relief is coming once you get through this upcoming weekend. All the globals show the rain focus shifting East of the Mississippi river.

Massive flooding events like what's been happening here are certainly interesting to me, but rain to me is mehh. Watching puddles grow != watching drifts grow.

I have to admit that if I didn't live near a river my obsession would be a lot smaller. Part of the thrill for me is the flooding and the flash flooding that occurs in my town. It's not that I'm wishing for damage or loss of life, it's equivalent to enjoying tornado outbreaks even though you know tornadoes can kill people. 

Massive flooding events like what's been happening here are certainly interesting to me, but rain to me is mehh. Watching puddles grow != watching drifts grow.

I still am in awe of that 10"+ event in under 12 hrs for Long Beach on 8/14/11. Before then my LB record

was 5.15 in under 2hrs in June 95.That one knocked the LB water system out with long lines for Poland Spring

at Waldbaums before they sold out.Would have liked to have be in the Islip deluge last summer to

see what those rainfall rates were like.

I still am in awe of that 10"+ event in under 12 hrs for Long Beach on 8/14/11. Before then my LB record

was 5:15 in under 2hrs in June 95 that knocked the LB water system out with long lines for Poland Spring

at Waldbaums before they sold out.

Worst street flooding I've seen in my area...ever.

was 5.15 in under 2hrs in June 95.That one knocked the LB water system out with long lines for Poland Spring

at Waldbaums before they sold out.Would have liked to have be in the Islip deluge last summer to

see what those rainfall rates were like.

Had 9" here on that date for my stations daily rainfall record.

Worst street flooding I've seen in my area...ever.

Same in Long Beach from heavy rainfall. It was the first time that people couldn't get out of Long Beach from 

rainfall flooding since many streets leading to the bridges were impassable without stalling your car out.

Had 9" here on that date for my stations daily rainfall record.

Many people experienced flooding from that rainfall followed by tidal flooding from Irene a few weeks later.

I took this shot of one of the unlucky people who had a slope down driveway and basement. 

You can see the refrigerator floating through the window.

Many people experienced flooding from that rainfall followed by tidal flooding form Irene a few weeks later.

I took this shot of one of the unlucky people who had a slope down driveway and basement.

You can see the refrigerator floating through the window.

81411fld2.jpg

I was chest deep in the storm surge during Irene in Freeport.

I was chest deep in the storm surge during Irene in Freeport.

People that I know in Long beach and Island  Park just finished repairing the damages from the August 2011

flooding when Sandy hit. Slope down driveways proved to be one of the worst building designs in Long Beach.

If you are ever looking at real estate in Long Beach, run the other way as fast as you can if someone wants

to sell or rent you one of those properties that are common throughout the city.

Right after Sandy

Archived