• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 7th-10th Severe Outbreaks

andyhb

When you have one of nature's most unpredictable phenomenon, combined with people pursuing (who sometimes may not be the smartest), these things can happen. Sounds like this guy simply decided to get to close. Thankfully he's ok, but we do NOT need another El Reno incident where someone gets killed

The guy drove directly into the bear's cage and the circulation was clearly rain wrapped. That was easily avoidable.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy drove directly into the bear's cage and the circulation was clearly rain wrapped. That was easily avoidable.

As I said already (though lightly), some of these people are gonna be complete idiots in order to get a storm. The main point was that we don't need any more storm chaser fatalities. I completely agree with you, however.

SEVERE WEATHER STATEMENT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GOODLAND KS  
812 PM CDT SAT MAY 9 2015  

KSC063-109-100130-  
/O.CON.KGLD.TO.W.0018.000000T0000Z-150510T0130Z/  
GOVE KS-LOGAN KS-  
812 PM CDT SAT MAY 9 2015  

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 830 PM CDT FOR  
NORTHWESTERN GOVE AND EAST CENTRAL LOGAN COUNTIES...  

AT 812 PM CDT...A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED 12 MILES WEST OF  
GOVE...MOVING NORTH AT 20 MPH.

HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO AND HALF DOLLAR SIZE HAIL.  

SOURCE...WEATHER SPOTTERS CONFIRMED TORNADO.  

That PH to S KS zone never really got it back together. Did recover more than many expexted and the HRRR was off but looked a bit elevated in pics tho there was a funnel on the KS one.

So here's something insane: Parts of CO are under both a Tornado Watch and Winter Storm Warning. In fact, areas between Pueblo and Colorado Springs that saw the one supercell with a confirmed tornado are now seeing snow as the sun goes down and temperatures drop even further.

Watching chopper video from Cisco, probably the house where the person died... looks like was at least EF-3 if not EF-4 damage from the video I saw... hoping WFAA puts that online

Always tragic to hear, but stay safe tonight and get through tomorrow and then you may have a breather from svr for awhile.  My turn here in IN comes Monday.

Always tragic to hear, but stay safe tonight and get through tomorrow and then you may have a breather from svr for awhile.  My turn here in IN comes Monday.

nope.... heard them say before the cells blew up that later next week we get another round...

The great news is most of the lakes that really needed the water this time around has gotten it

Up to 30 rpts. Cell in NW KS is dropping tor left and right. Fill in the MCS wiped zone and its a biggy.

Yeah, still pretty darn prolific for an "underperforming" event, a number of picturesque tornadoes to boot. Northern/western target worked out quite well, had the one big tornado in the south one and then rest was brief.

Grinnell/Angelus tornado at the time of the "large tornado" report from the chaser

This report was earlier when the storm had a very intense velocity signature north of Grinnell. May have been just seeing a very low wall cloud although wouldn't necessarily discount the report either given the radar presentation at that time.

Archived