joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 7th-10th Severe Outbreaks

andyhb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm east of Throckmorton is becoming increasingly organized, less HP.

Middle storm of the Wichita Falls to Eastland string of pearls. We'll see what it can do...

Third time Throckmorton has been in the middle of something this outbreak. Wonder what the locals think.

The cell north of the Eastland cell near Graham could go too from the looks.

WFUS54 KFWD 092258

TORFWD

TXC503-092330-

/O.NEW.KFWD.TO.W.0044.150509T2258Z-150509T2330Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORT WORTH TX

558 PM CDT SAT MAY 9 2015

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN FORT WORTH HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

NORTHEASTERN YOUNG COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS...

* UNTIL 630 PM CDT

* AT 558 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A 

TORNADO WAS LOCATED 8 MILES NORTHWEST OF GRAHAM...MOVING EAST AT 

15 MPH.

HAZARD...TORNADO AND BASEBALL SIZE HAIL. 

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION. 

Meanwhile, Eastland cell has gone HP for the time being. Low level jet strength should be increasing from here on out and better upper flow is approaching from the west. Watch for change in storm character with the three western supercells as this occurs.

Strong rotation on the Texarkana cell now.

The Eastland storm seems caught up in its own outflow...why are storms constantly developing on its SW flank?

They are developing on its flanking line, which happens with a lot of supercells.

Why haven't they become more classical supercells yet? The net trend to me seems to be from classical to HP.

I've tried to be patient, but this day just isn't really evolving much differently from what I expected (in terms of few or no visible tornadoes, other than in CO, and no long-lived events).

Why haven't they become more classical supercells yet? The net trend to me seems to be from classical to HP.

I've tried to be patient, but this day just isn't really evolving much differently from what I expected (in terms of few or no visible tornadoes, other than in CO, and no long-lived events).

lol I guess you missed the texas tornado? 

Are you kidding? That tornado that was down in Eastland County, TX was strong and long-lived, probably for at least 20 minutes. Stop trolling.

Archived