• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woke up to 39F at 615ft while 1300-1500ft in Newbury/Gilford it was 55-60F. We'll warm up damn quickly today.

Actually I just figured we never dropped as it was near 50F when I woke up....but now I see MVL was 42F just after midnight, before rising to 50F this morning as clouds moved in.

I was thinking "here's a mild morning" but the low will actually be below normal for the day haha.

BTV which got into its normal nocturnal southerly jet never got lower than 61F at any point last night. That's pretty much a 20F difference in low temps from BTV to MVL, neighboring counties just separated by big terrain.

LOL at BTV. They would make EWR proud.

The nocturnal southerly jet is real, haha. Last night it was gusting 20-30mph at times, and at midnight it was 61/36 while MVL was like nearing saturation haha.

South winds just roasts the VT side of the Lake all night. No radiational cooling at all...dews in the 30s and temps in the 60s while everyone else is like 43/42.

Then in the winter BTV will have flags straight out pointing south at 23/19 wdraining in from Montreal with an impending ice/sleet storm while MVL/MPV and everyone else is 34/31 praying for anything frozen. That was the Grinch storm in 2013.

That should've killed my garden - 30 at your hacienda is probably about 27 at mine. (I'm in SNJ, 2nd grandson born 9/23.) Hope my neighbor picked all our tomatoes for her mom's 95th birthday party, as we suggested. Probably only carrots and arugula survived.

I know mine are done, Congrats by the way on grand child #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pics. Are those relatively unaltered? Have any of totality?

Yeah they are not super enhanced. Mainly adjustments to exposure on the darker side where it was a little too blown out by the white light. Actually the last one on the previous page is in totality. I don't know it doesn't look like it, but even in totality some of the white like leaks around. As it goes on that slides from the right to the bottom and then to the left side. It is exaggerated a bit here because of the exposure time and again to bring out the details of the red area. I do have some from the middle of totality but they are too blurred because the exposure was too long.

You're welcome although I exposed too long for 200mm. They would have been sharper had I compensated better but still cool. Here is where I was when taking them:

Beautiful work as always Eyewall, I did get out with the binoculars for a few rounds of eclipse viewing at home, but was too busy to set up for photos, so thanks for catching some great images.  I really like that nighttime shot of the new Long Trail bridge, and made it my desktop.

Presumably due to warm temperatures, the foliage has definitely been slow to progress this season (amazing how green it is for almost October), but even down in the bottom of the Winooski Valley I was starting to see signs of early color on my drive into Burlington this morning.  I’m sure things will start moving along quickly toward peak in a lot of the higher elevations in these next couple of weeks, but perhaps Columbus Day weekend visitors will have more color remaining than usual this year?

Beautiful work as always Eyewall, I did get out with the binoculars for a few rounds of eclipse viewing at home, but was too busy to set up for photos, so thanks for catching some great images.  I really like that nighttime shot of the new Long Trail bridge, and made it my desktop.

Presumably due to warm temperatures, the foliage has definitely been slow to progress this season (amazing how green it is for almost October), but even down in the bottom of the Winooski Valley I was starting to see signs of early color on my drive into Burlington this morning.  I’m sure things will start moving along quickly toward peak in a lot of the higher elevations in these next couple of weeks, but perhaps Columbus Day weekend visitors will have more color remaining than usual this year?

I get the feeling a lot of will brown out or be dull but I am hoping for the best. It is definitely late.

Archived