• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is nice having the cooler weather today. Unfortunately it looks like some heat may return next week.

BTV's last below normal day was August 8th. And going back to July, only 2 out of the last 46 days were below normal. That's a warm run right there. 2 days out of a month and a half that are cooler than normal. Everything else warm.

There were 5 right in front of cam at one point with 2 fawns.

Lots of deer in my apple orchards the past week.  15 mature apple trees seem loaded with apples this year.  They winter in the woods next to my house.  Always depressing around Christmas when all the apples are eaten and the snow covers the ground.  Then they just stand around all day looking into my house.  My neighbor always feed them all winter long and he died of a heart attack this summer.  So its going to be different for the deer this year since I don't feed them as the state says not too.  We have 2 fawns in the group.

Storm total rainfall  1.20"  .25" from the cold front thundershower and .95" from last night. Was in a dry slot most of yesterday.  With warm temp next week grass should greenup after being so brown.  Hoping my pond will start to fill up

BTV's last below normal day was August 8th. And going back to July, only 2 out of the last 46 days were below normal. That's a warm run right there. 2 days out of a month and a half that are cooler than normal. Everything else warm.

Pretty impressive.  Hope it doesn't challenge CAR's run of warmth in 2010.  Feb. 7 thru Mar 25, then Mar 28 thru Apr 15 all AN, streaks of 47 and 18 days with a 3-day patch of cold.  Over those 68 days, 2 were at least +20 (including +30 with max 82 on Apr 3rd), 40 more at least +10.

Pretty impressive.  Hope it doesn't challenge CAR's run of warmth in 2010.  Feb. 7 thru Mar 25, then Mar 28 thru Apr 15 all AN, streaks of 47 and 18 days with a 3-day patch of cold.  Over those 68 days, 2 were at least +20 (including +30 with max 82 on Apr 3rd), 40 more at least +10.

Great stats...I was wondering about what other streaks first order climo sites in New England have had with regards to days of warm departures. 

I doubt BTV comes anywhere near that, but may not be all that much of a stretch seeing as they've already got 44 out of 46 days in the bag at this point.  Doesn't seem like the pattern is changing towards below normal anytime soon though, but we'll see what the rain this weekend does with regards to departures.

Great stats...I was wondering about what other streaks first order climo sites in New England have had with regards to days of warm departures. 

I doubt BTV comes anywhere near that, but may not be all that much of a stretch seeing as they've already got 44 out of 46 days in the bag at this point.  Doesn't seem like the pattern is changing towards below normal anytime soon though, but we'll see what the rain this weekend does with regards to departures.

GFS cooldown still out at day 10 - lots of confidence there.  ;)

Climo slide is accelerating so BN takes a bit more "effort."  Had a high of 63 yesterday and still was +1 for the day.  Even with today's low in the 43-44 range, it only needs to reach low 70s to get AN once again.

Woke up this morning to a nice thick fog around 7:30.  Just sat down to check the first partial time lapse of the day and noticed my timing was perfect... the fog barely lasted 5 minutes.

I do enjoy a good fog.

Ditto. I prefer to see the top of the fog layer tickling my elevation with it thick down in the river valley between 400-600ft. Then I keep radiating at the sfc and at the top of the fog layer while the valley cooling gets shut off.

It got pretty thick here this AM. The locals didn't mind.

post-3-0-29370100-1442080776_thumb.jpg

Ditto. I prefer to see the top of the fog layer tickling my elevation with it thick down in the river valley between 400-600ft. Then I keep radiating at the sfc and at the top of the fog layer while the valley cooling gets shut off.

It got pretty thick here this AM. The locals didn't mind.

20150912062702.jpg

Interesting you say that because I always look for the top/end of the fog bank as I climb out of the village at 750ft heading towards the ski resort. This morning was a good example, but the temperature on my car will almost always tick a degree or two colder right out of the fog bank, before it starts rising rapidly a mile later as you breakout of the nocturnal inversion.

Like this morning it was 51F at my house in the fog, but just 150ft up at 900ft the fog broke and the temperature dropped to 49F in the 900-1,000ft band, before rising rapidly back up to 56F at 1,500ft. Classic weenie cooling immediately below the inversion but above the fog bank.

Just can't get any meaningful rainfall in here month after month.  Look at all that rain going up just west of NH.  Really glad we got the 1.25" a couple of days ago.  My neighbors have had to move out of their home cause the well is still dry.  GFS gives us about .25".  At least the last storm helped the grass and surface moisture but did nothing to raise the ground water table.

Just can't get any meaningful rainfall in here month after month.  Look at all that rain going up just west of NH.  Really glad we got the 1.25" a couple of days ago.  My neighbors have had to move out of their home cause the well is still dry.  GFS gives us about .25".  At least the last storm helped the grass and surface moisture but did nothing to raise the ground water table.

Jeez...don't hear of that happening much in New England.  What's your MET summer rainfall total (June/July/August)?

Archived