• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you strip away the violet color, yes. But what I saw wasn't part of a brighter flash like that photo. The tiny spark was all you could see. It was odd.

Blue jets aren't always associated with a flash of lightning, so it's possible. It also could be a sprite, those tend to look like faint sparks too (to human eyes anyway).

Nice. Wish I had time to get my camera out. There was a bunch right before the Lightning abruptly stopped.

I see the stuff in line with me to the west has weakened and some new red pixels have sprouted between here and Meredith, about 2 miles north.

My iPad insists on capitalizing Lightning. It knows what's important.

Zippo here, and 0.03" total over the past 13 warm days has the surface soil mighty dry.  Sandy River at 113 cfs is well under the median flow for the date but still above 25th percentile.  Yesterday's 81/65 was the warmest daily mean of the year by 2F.  It's the warmest mean in Sept since 2010 but its being the season's warmest only points out how modest the heat has been here.

More boomers coming this way.

This was a bust here locally... only 0.07". 

Really good looking cells went from the Sugarbush area up through Montpelier. 

MPV ASOS picked up a quick 0.50", but more impressively, if I'm reading this correctly, at 5:26pm it was +RN at 1.75sm visibility.  By 5:33pm (7 minutes later), it was VCTS +RN with half mile visibility and 0.50" in the bucket.   That's a nice 4.3"/hr rainfall rate for those 7 minutes.

Sept_9b_zps5c4n83ms.gif

This was a bust here locally... only 0.07".

Really good looking cells went from the Sugarbush area up through Montpelier.

MPV ASOS picked up a quick 0.50", but more impressively, if I'm reading this correctly, at 5:26pm it was +RN at 1.75sm visibility. By 5:33pm (7 minutes later), it was VCTS +RN with half mile visibility and 0.50" in the bucket. That's a nice 4.3"/hr rainfall rate for those 7 minutes.

Sept_9b_zps5c4n83ms.gif

Yup. Was walking out from getting a haircut when this was going on. Absolutely soaked.

Twenty drops at 7:30 from the line to my NW, some nice echoes just slid by 3-5 miles to my SE.  Looks like a few hundredths of -RA between now and midnight - maybe.

Only 0.01" in the gauge this morning, now up to 1/25 inch in 2 weeks.  Looks like another cent or two later this morning, but all in the light green (hope it's reaching the ground) color.

Archived