• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Models at 18z have definitely looked better for some VT sultan signals...looks like widespread 0.5-1.0" across the state but could see where the storm motion may have some localized areas getting more.

As an appetizer, it is now pouring torrential rain and wind out of this little squall that developed up the east side of the Spine.

The wind is surprising...its been gusty all day near 30mph, but with this rain I bet we may have gusted near 40mph.  With a strong southerly jet, it looks like there's almost a little bow echo on the radar NE of Waterbury, aligning itself with the strong SSW to NNE wind direction.

August_20_zpsjsy1jryw.gif

I know there is alot of talk about heavy showers and localized flash flooding but looking at the 18Z GFS and NAM taken at face value not much QPF the next couple of days.  Hopefully the models are wrong. Both models have me getting .25" or less

That front stalls for awhile over us. I wouldn't worry too much about QPF...the 4km NAM gives me 4".

0.88" in the Stratus Gauge, and maybe one slug at the bottom corner?

A solid drink for the vegetation.  MVL ASOS almost up to 0.30", which is an incredibly wet day there relative to what that thing has recorded the rest of the summer, haha.

Rainfall just winding down it looks like.  Just some light rain and drizzle left out there.

August_21_radar_zpswnvg07tn.gif

0.88" in the Stratus Gauge, and maybe one slug at the bottom corner?

A solid drink for the vegetation.  MVL ASOS almost up to 0.30", which is an incredibly wet day there relative to what that thing has recorded the rest of the summer, haha.

attachicon.gifAugust_21_rainfall.jpg

Rainfall just winding down it looks like.  Just some light rain and drizzle left out there.

August_21_radar_zpswnvg07tn.gif

Deduct 0.01" for the slug factor.  :lmao:

Had 0.06" in a 6 AM shower, just cloudy since then.

Basically another miss.  Front is through can feel the cooler air. 69/66.  Bit of drizzle brighter west.  Grand total .15".  Looks like Brian and eek will get into the more meaningful rain this afternoon as it passes 10 miles to my SE.  Maybe I will be wrong but clearing is making progress towards West NH.   So frustrating this summer,  I take is personally!

Archived