• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

Hooray, it's a new month, the one with summer, sunshine, fireworks, boating, suntans, outdoor grillin!    Let's go outside and play!  Surely, it stopped raining and is sunny out, no?  What's that you say?  It's raining AGAIN??????  Mudderfluckker.... :underthewx::snorkle::raining::maprain::angry:

:lol:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phone, radio and TV just started rattling off Flash Flood Warnings....huge polygon in the entire northern Champlain Valley and west slopes for FF.

Yep, my phone went off with it. Turn around don't drown :)

Holy crap have I had enough.  Spent the better part of last week working in the woods and needless to say, it's very very wet out there.  Every spring is bubbling and the ground is super-saturated.  Definitely need some drying days.  Poor folks trying to get hay in right now are having a hell of a time.

Shades of the summer of 2013 in progress--I had almost 25" of rain in the May-August period that year...

Looks pretty good for the next few days--after today, that is.

mushrooms are appearing everywhere in the woods.  you seeing much?

I know from living years in BTV that downtown that something like 0.5" in 30 minutes probably is creating some urban flooding at the base of the hill leading up to UVM.  The base of College Street, Main Street, Pearl Street, etc all flood nicely with that type of rainfall.

Is the rain hurting things up in VT? That's gotta be lousy for commerce, except for some good Heady Topper consumption. Just have it stop by mid August when I am up near Okemo. Thanks. 

Not really or at least I haven't heard anything about it.  Town has been very busy and I really don't think the weather plays as big of an impact as it does in the winter.  Heck even today folks are out walking and biking and its been raining most of the day. 

I think because there's enough to do inside and outside...you dont see people cancel vacations because of rain this time of year like you do in the winter when there's really only one reason to come here (skiing or snowboarding).  And portions of each day have been nice out even with all the rain...there's been a handful of all day washouts but its usually like morning or afternoon is good while it rains the other half of the day. 

This was the golf course yesterday mid-morning...course has been relatively dry even with record rainfall.

It wasn't all that impressive in the second round. I did not observe any flooding in BTV at the base of the hill.

The second round brought another 0.58" in like 20 minutes at BTV. Pretty solid.

BTV at 1.86" since 7am.  Impressive for a day when models had like a quarter inch.

June rainfall map...my total was 10.94" through yesterday morning, and 11.04" this morning as of 7am.  I'm not sure when the month ends...is it the 7am July 1 reading or 7am June 30th? 

11709632_892359524169283_871079052514364

One thing I noticed with this map...there are 17 CoCoRAHS stations that exceeded 10" of rainfall in VT in June.  I only see 2 spots listed on the map above as having greater than 10" of rain.

I would've tried to put a few more of these big totals in there to do the month justice.

June rainfall map...my total was 10.94" through yesterday morning, and 11.04" this morning as of 7am.  I'm not sure when the month ends...is it the 7am July 1 reading or 7am June 30th? 

One thing I noticed with this map...there are 17 CoCoRAHS stations that exceeded 10" of rainfall in VT in June.  I only see 2 spots listed on the map above as having greater than 10" of rain.

I would've tried to put a few more of these big totals in there to do the month justice.

attachicon.gifJune_2015_totals.jpg

Meh, under 7" at MVL.

11709632_892359524169283_871079052514364

attachicon.gifJune_2015_totals.jpg

There are some funny low numbers included, as well.  For instance, there's a 2.66 somewhere in the Middlebury area, and a 3.77 in the Colchester area, right adjacent to 7.56 and 6.53.

There are some funny low numbers included, as well.  For instance, there's a 2.66 somewhere in the Middlebury area, and a 3.77 in the Colchester area, right adjacent to 7.56 and 6.53.

Yeah, in the Adirondacks I noticed a 3.55" right next to a 13.49".  Given the tenor of the month and efficient rainfall, I'd be more inclined to toss the low outliers than the high side ones.  But yeah, some surprisingly low numbers put on that map and not many of the 9+ obs.

Didn't you have like 9-10" of rainfall and is that 5.01" report near your area? 

However I know its easy to Monday morning quarterback these maps, I don't want to come off like a total :weenie:...I do like how you *know* BTV will put out a map for stuff like this.  They are very good at creating these graphics after note-worthy rain/snow events or in this case a noteworthy month. 

Meh, under 7" at MVL.

I'm surprised that equipment even recorded that much, haha.  With the heavier downpours today it is at least recording some rain.  MVL up to 0.33" and the PWS stations around MVL range from 0.55-0.86"...so its probably at least around 50% of reality.  

I'm at 0.63" and the base of the ski resort is at 1.15", being a few miles closer to the heavy rain in the Champlain Valley and orographic assistance made for a decent gradient between mountain and town.

Solid rainfall day for BTV airport with 2.04" now since 5am. 

Yeah, in the Adirondacks I noticed a 3.55" right next to a 13.49".  Given the tenor of the month and efficient rainfall, I'd be more inclined to toss the low outliers than the high side ones.  But yeah, some surprisingly low numbers put on that map and not many of the 9+ obs.

Didn't you have like 9-10" of rainfall and is that 5.01" report near your area? 

However I know its easy to Monday morning quarterback these maps, I don't want to come off like a total :weenie:...I do like how you *know* BTV will put out a map for stuff like this.  They are very good at creating these graphics after note-worthy rain/snow events or in this case a noteworthy month. 

Yeah, I didn't want to come off as critical, as overall they do a fantastic job with maps.  About my only complaint is when they don't include my numbers, and that's just me being an egotistical geek :nerdsmiley:

I'm slightly north of the 5.01" that you noted, in a hard to read yellow.  I ended up with 9.24" for the month.

June 2015

Averages

Max: 71.3°F (-3.1°F)

Min: 52.0°F (-1.0°F)

Mean: 61.6°F (-2.1°F)

Extremes

HiMax: 82.6°F (11th)

LoMin: 39.2°F (7th)

LoMax: 48.9°F (1st)

HiMin: 61.0°F (11th)

Precipitation

Total: 5.56"