• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

Had 0.30" at home last night as of 8am...looks like the heaviest was just south of here in JSpin's area and south.

Anyway, I drove past the MVL ASOS this morning on RT100 and there were puddles on the road despite the ASOS recording 0.00" and a few Trace hourly amounts.

I don't know what's going on at that ASOS but it can't record anything under like 0.05" per hour rates. There were puddles around so I'd assume at least 0.05-0.15" fell at the ASOS and surrounding reports would match.

Yet another case of light rain not being collected but it still seems decent in the heavy hourly rainfall amounts.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the heaviest rains will stay north and west yet again. Same old pattern. 0.14" since yesterday.

Or south and west, like yesterday morning.  That blob of +RA looks very similar to what sluiced PF and friends last week while barely wetting the ground at my place until the Friday night kicker came thru.

Interesting difference today between mountain and home... when I was up at the resort it was pouring for several hours it seemed and there was 0.69" in the gauge.   When I got home I went to check and only found 0.24" in the gauge.  There's a reason the mountain averages a lot more liquid per year than a few miles away in town....

Precip estimates seem off a bit, but it certainly shows the difference between the ski area and town.

June_16_zpsugfqnyyl.gif

Might be getting a tenth or two at my place, but all the 30+ dbz stuff seems to like the 7-10.

1.82"/hr downpour inside this orange pixel

0.18" here...scraped some yellow pixels enough for a max 0.57"/hr rate. We'll take it. That brings it up to 0.88" over the past 2 days.

Up to 63.2F with some breaks of late sun.

0.56" here. A nice surprise and great timing (3-7am) for the garden.

Down to 71.6F. 80s fail today.

At work it's 60F at the office at 1550ft at 1:15pm, with sunny skies. That's impressive with sunshine to hold at 60F.

64F down in town.

48F and a cold wind at the picnic tables.

Archived