• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess PF is not the only one with a picnic table...................

000SXUS41 KCAR 170737RECCARRECREATION FORECAST FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN MAINENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CARIBOU ME337 AM EDT SAT OCT 17 2015MEZ004-172145-KATAHDIN-337 AM EDT SAT OCT 17 2015...TOP OF MOUNT KATAHDIN (5268`)....TODAY...CLOUDY EARLY THIS MORNING...THEN SUMMIT BECOMINGOBSCURED WITH SNOW. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 15MPH SHIFTING TO THE WEST THIS AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 9 ABOVE. SNOW TOTALS OF 3 TO5 INCHES AT THE TABLE AND SUMMIT LEVELS..TONIGHT...SUMMIT OBSCURED IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING MOSTLYCLOUDY. SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS IN THE EVENING. LOWS AROUND 14.NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 50 PERCENT. WIND CHILLVALUES AS LOW AS 2 BELOW AFTER MIDNIGHT..SUNDAY...HIGHS AROUND 19. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTSUP TO 35 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 3 BELOW IN THE MORNING.$$

I guess PF is not the only one with a picnic table...................

SXUS41 KCAR 170737
RECCAR

RECREATION FORECAST FOR NORTHERN AND EASTERN MAINE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CARIBOU ME
337 AM EDT SAT OCT 17 2015

MEZ004-172145-
KATAHDIN-
337 AM EDT SAT OCT 17 2015

...TOP OF MOUNT KATAHDIN (5268`)...

.TODAY...CLOUDY EARLY THIS MORNING...THEN SUMMIT BECOMING
OBSCURED WITH SNOW. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 15
MPH SHIFTING TO THE WEST THIS AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100
PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 9 ABOVE. SNOW TOTALS OF 3 TO
5 INCHES AT THE TABLE AND SUMMIT LEVELS.
.TONIGHT...SUMMIT OBSCURED IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING MOSTLY
CLOUDY. SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS IN THE EVENING. LOWS AROUND 14.
NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 50 PERCENT. WIND CHILL
VALUES AS LOW AS 2 BELOW AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.SUNDAY...HIGHS AROUND 19. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS
UP TO 35 MPH. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS 3 BELOW IN THE MORNING.

$$

lol ... that would be the Tablelands just below the summit. Related to this, Roaring Brook Road in Baxter State Park has been closed due to 6" of snow on the surface (it's not maintained in winter).

39.8F shower just past through and like Dendrite some graupel but no flakes.  Lots of blue sky to my NW now. Peak has past with the brisk NW winds.   

So many dead chipmunks and squirrels on the roads.  Raptors must be  very happy this season it seems!  My apple trees are overloaded with fruit but my concord grape vines have no grapes. Tons of acorns.  I guess dryness is good for somethings and not for others.

With the new webcam at PSU you can zoom in on the picture.  I thought there might be a coating of snow on the Waterville Range but can't see anything in the picture.  Here is the zoomed in part as of 1pm.  

post-268-0-07681700-1445102218_thumb.jpg

Archived