• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Winter: just can't compete with Maple Hollow.

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, this endless beautiful weather just keeps on going, on and on and on.  Just nothing to talk about.  Watching my brothers webcam overlooking Aspen Mountain and the 12,000 footers.  Color is coming on very quickly.  Looks like peak by late weekend.  I'll post a picture when I think it's peak out there.   I notice my maple tree is just dropping lots of leaves.  No color, just dropping leaves.  Neighbors well is still dry, has been about a month now.  Love to get the SE moisture up here.

Almost 2 weeks later but I decided to post the undercast photo I took from my condo balcony at Okemo.  I think the elevation was 1400'

attachicon.gifOkemo Pic.JPG

Sweet shot.  I bet that location is above the fog most of the warm season...its amazing the number of fog days in the 500-1,200ft range, compared with even 1,400-1,500ft.  That would be a weenie spot to live for sure. 

Regarding the fog...almost every morning for the past few weeks (during these long high pressure streaks), MVL & MPV have both gone to like 1/4 mile visibility in those early AM hours.  In Stowe, fog never makes it up to 1,500ft though at the ski resort...sometimes even 1,300ft at the bottom of the Toll Road, but never up at the office.  I bet that's similar down in Ludlow. 

With only 6.23 inches of rain since July 1 and no substantial rain in the forecast for the next six days, the three months of July (2.68), August (2.21), and September (1.34) will have less precipitation than the entire month of June (9.31 inches).  Easily the driest three month stretch during the growing season over the past 10 years.

With only 6.23 inches of rain since July 1 and no substantial rain in the forecast for the next six days, the three months of July (2.68), August (2.21), and September (1.34) will have less precipitation than the entire month of June (9.31 inches). Easily the driest three month stretch during the growing season over the past 10 years.

Yeah hasn't been quite that bad up here but we still may be able to have those three months add up to more than June.

A switch definitely was hit because June was a record wet month on Mansfield with almost 16". Then it just stopped raining. Had double digit rain in town in June but I think mostly 3-4" monthly totals since then, though don't quote me.

eyewall-i feel I should, at the very least, offer to carry your tripod for you.  amazing shots.  Thank you for sharing.  really.

btw-is this going to be your 3rd winter up in vt?  sure are due for a blockbuster blowout blizzardfest (at least that's what I'm hoping).  super nino FTW?

Thank you! I hope it is a good one this year for sure!

12z MOS for CON

MAV 32

MET 33

Maybe some frost on the pumpkin in the usual cold spots tomorrow morning. Hopefully the high clouds are kept far enough south.

I'm not expecting 32F here, but it should be the coldest of the season. When we start seeing H85 WAA I don't radiate that well. I'm guessing a 35-36F IMBY.

Archived