SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2015 General disco

Powerball

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold rain and sleet yesterday with temps in the 40s all day, and 70s today with full sun.  What a difference.

Full sun this time of year can do wonders even with a cool air mass in place.

Today was sunny but a tad cool topping out at 54 at my house with a stiff north wind off the lake all day.  Things are really beginning to green up quick even after yesterday's hard freee

After a couple pretty cool and one downright cold day, we will be rewarded with three top-notch days through Saturday. Locals have low 70s in the forecast for Sunday, but the Euro continues to insist on Sunday being an all-day washout with a temp stuck near 60. We've only been getting a little rain here and there the last couple weeks, so a soaking 1+ inch rainfall wouldn't be a bad thing.

Pretty big model discrepancies on Sunday with placement of that feature over in northern IL. Eastern IA would still be impacted by a GFS like solution, but over here, we'd be mainly dry and warm with the upper wave largely missing us to the northwest. Fun day to forecast, basically had to go middle ground.

Full sun this time of year can do wonders even with a cool air mass in place.

Today was sunny but a tad cool topping out at 54 at my house with a stiff north wind off the lake all day.  Things are really beginning to green up quick even after yesterday's hard freee

attachicon.gifIMG_1925.JPG

That's pretty cool to see how your leaves are doing up there only 175miles away or so, the leaves here are fully on now for the last few days and the first batch of dandelions have went to seed and been blowing around. I've went on some early spring trips to the UP before and it's always like going back in time 3 weeks for the green up and leaves. :) I'm hoping we can get a few decent tstorms next week and beyond with the nonstop train of strong low pressures that will be coming. :)

68°/44° here for today's high and low. Mostly sunny all day made it a great day to be outside - a total 180 from the day before. 

Backdoor cold front is going to be swinging through soon. Back to the 50s tomorrow.

Today was an interesting day, made it to the low 70s in many spots, including at MKE, with dews in the low to mid 30s much of the time.  Tonight, there was just enough moisture to squeeze out some scattered showers and perhaps an isolated tstorm.  I didn't figure there was even a chance with the dewpoint depressions we had.

Bo, although you are almost 3 weeks behind here, I notice the same thing here. Its almost instant. In one week the trees go from bare (well with buds) to leafed out.

From snow to leafy in a few days. haha!  I imagine after this weekends warmth and then rain, things will go all the way.  I've been hearing reports of morels in the southern UP, so I'm going out hunting this weekend.

Another cold morning today, down to 26 earlier but up to 30 currently.

Visited Rocky Mountain National Park on Saturday. Started off cloudy and foggy, with snow as we climbed in elevation and drove through the clouds. Eventually cleared out and had some good views.

Hit up The Big Texan in Amarillo on Monday, as well as the Wichita Mountains.

Have been in the San Antonio and Houston areas the past few days and through the weekend visiting family.

Peaked at 58° today with mostly sunny skies until late this afternoon when more mid level clouds arrived. Bottomed out at 39° this morning. I know even in early June it isn't unheard of having lows near 40°.

Today is amazing, sitting at 70 right now without a cloud in the sky. Should add a few degrees tomorrow and Sunday, though we will add more clouds through the weekend.

Really was the perfect day out for yard work and the like. Spent most of the afternoon doing just that.

Crazy that there still will be frost north of 8 mile tonight, and northern lower is getting another freeze.

I would think the chances of storms Monday morning would low enough to allow for the parades to go on...

I just can't believe they cancelled it already over a chance of storms on Monday. That seems like the poster child for overreactions.  This parade was always kind of a big deal in Arlington Heights so that's why I found it interesting.  I think Monday should be pretty nice during the day so I don't know what they are seeing. 

Archived