joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Potential: April 26-27, 2015

1900hurricane

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cell SW of Rio Vista now intensifying...chasers on the lead cell need to be heads up! They've got a couplet actively trailing them.

I'm seeing three active couplets - anyone else seeing all three?

Kevin Saunders of KDFW Fox is in a terribly unsafe position right now!

Ok, we get it.

I'm seeing three active couplets - anyone else seeing all three?

There are two strong couplets that are quite obvious...but to be honest there are a lot of smaller areas of rotation that may also be putting down tornados as well. Pretty amazing looking at velocity scans right now.

@SvrWxChaser (Bart Comstock)

Had a large cone #tornado pass just south of Rio Vista and a larger one just n of town. Wide spread damage. Stopping chase to help.

hope that people were well aware of this... Large (possibly strong basing off of velocities) tornado during the night.... Lawrence McEwen was just going off on his stream about the amazing lack of tornado sirens in towns in Texas... Said it had been "the 5th or 6th town they've gone through without sirens" and went through town honking his horn... Thank god this thing is not an overly populated area.

hope that people were well aware of this... Large (possibly strong basing off of velocities) tornado during the night.... Lawrence McEwen was just going off on his stream about the amazing lack of tornado sirens in towns in Texas... Said it had been "the 5th or 6th town they've gone through without sirens" and went through town honking his horn... Thank god this thing is not an overly populated area.

Meh, sirens aren't designed for people in their homes. It's an outdoor warning system, so unless there were a lot of people outside at 10-11 PM sirens won't be doing much help.

I'm guessing the majority of the area is getting their warning information from TV/radio right now.

There's been warnings for at least 90 minutes now, no reason why residents wouldn't have had plenty of warning.

guys and gals, we need to get the word out herethat  given how nuts things are attm between i-20 and the i-35 split near hillsboro, that anyone travelling from Austin and Waco northwards or from the cities of Dallas and Ft Worth south to Ausitn and Waco, that they should not attemptto  take either 35e or 35W attm. it's looking like a deathtrap in that stretch, imho.

Archived