Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY/North Country and Canadien/VT Borders Spring 2015

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful Thanksgiving-ish day here with overcast skies, occasional flurries, 36F.

Oh what's that you say.......it's mid-April?

Then I take back the beautiful part and demand spring!

Eventually made it almost to 50 here, but the first half was decidedly un-springlike with overcast skies and a biting wind.

• 2 weeks later...

Who remembers this??

Thought I'd share this tidbit as related to current pattern and threat..

I'm from just west of Syracuse (Skaneateles, elevation ~600') NY and we had what seems to be a similar occurrence on April 16, 2007. We had a heavy rain come through the start which immediately turned over to heavy heavy wet snow. We were in the perfect forcing and dynamics in the atmosphere for nearly all snow (15") while literally 16 miles to the east in Syracuse they got a quick 6" of paste and turned right back to rain. Slightly south of  us in the more hilly country of Moravia, Cortland, Ithaca some areas received 20". It was pretty amazing seeing as I was trying to go trout fishing in foot deep snow in mid April. Next quite experienced anything like it, talk about perfect place, perfect time. I have some pics here:

snow.png

P4160822.jpgP4160833.jpgP4160812.jpg

Any reports out of the Buffalo area tonight? Surprised not to see any post. My Facebook is full of people back home talking about the snow. Checked the area traffic cams and surprised to see almost a whiteout at Hamburg and what looks like heavy snow with a white ground in Orchard Park. Pretty crazy for lower elevations on April 22nd.

8A0D1899-FCB4-4A41-B3FB-00F5DC456A5E.jpg

50A0D93A-3897-4B53-88DA-76FBA0AD4A30.jpg

Any reports out of the Buffalo area tonight? Surprised not to see any post. My Facebook is full of people back home talking about the snow. Checked the area traffic cams and surprised to see almost a whiteout at Hamburg and what looks like heavy snow with a white ground in Orchard Park. Pretty crazy for lower elevations on April 22nd.

8A0D1899-FCB4-4A41-B3FB-00F5DC456A5E.jpg

50A0D93A-3897-4B53-88DA-76FBA0AD4A30.jpg

wow...I've been in Costa Rica the last week and its been 98 and sunny everyday. I come back early Sat. morning and just checked the 7 day forecast and I can't believe this is happening. =/

Got back from Costa Rica on Saturday where it was 95-99 and sunny everyday along the coast and cooler in the Rainforest, but still very warm, but loved every minute of it! Saw wild Toucans, howling monkeys, and a rare white sloth in the jungle. One of the best trips ever! I came back to 30 degrees and saw my breath. I almost jumped right back onto the next flight back. ^_^

Really looking forward to this next week of weather as it should be 65-70 and sunny most days.

I didn't know there were white sloths, here is a short video we took..

• 2 weeks later...

Buffalos old record high on May 8th was 85° (1979), we broke that with a high of 88.

Our old record high for May 9th was 82° (2007), we broke that with a high of 89 today.

Some crazy warmth in the northeast this week.

wow that is some serious heat! Being 3 miles from the ocean the hottest day so far this year here has been 77. Moving into my first house in 3 weeks, I'll be only 4 houses away from the ocean!

wow that is some serious heat! Being 3 miles from the ocean the hottest day so far this year here has been 77. Moving into my first house in 3 weeks, I'll be only 4 houses away from the ocean!

That is awesome that you are so close to the beach and congrats on the house! We will have to come visit you sometime during Nor'Easter season. ^_^

Archived