Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2015 Short Term Severe Weather Discussion

Hoosier

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL at the SPC jumping the gun. What were they thinking when they seen MI was in the grasps of a wall full of crapvection? I mean, better safe than sorry, but christ, why issue a watch all the way to the thumb?

Yea the Watch up through the thumb was a little much but a lot of Metro Detroit (especially around DTW) is still in play. 

Yea the Watch up through the thumb was a little much but a lot of Metro Detroit (especially around DTW) is still in play. 

We're grasping at straws here for something decent. My expectations lowered when I seen the cell that's now in Lenawee County weakened. Oh well, I'll take what's given to me.

Can all the negative posters go to the complaint thread, we don't need this one filled with nonsense.

How is saying the SPC jumping the gun nonsense? You should have known that crapvection out west was going to hamper things, and I'm merely saying that SEMI is out of the game for anything more than a garden variety t'storm. The 18z sounding from DTX wasn't impressive either.

You always state you welcome any post with reasoning, and there you have it.

Just had that razor thin low topped crap line move through, was hoping for a clap of thunder or two but just some moderate to heavy rain and wind for about 20 minutes. Hopefully the next system delivers at least some garden variety splash and dash storms.

my medium range crystal balls says large scale pattern keeps us too far north/east to destabilize properly for anything worthwhile

get used to below normal and damp

excited for our razor thin low topped crap line

Lol, As usual the models overdid the line of storms near my area, I was just hoping for some 30+k feet topped storms and some good thunder, but nope, just low topped crapvection after fog / clouds most of the day, maybe someday with all these large lows coming in over the next couple weeks I will actually get some daytime heating and a strong storm.

Pretty underwhelming day today. Definitely looked like it could be a hell of a severe day

Sent from my iPhone

Mesoscale models were too slow with the progression of the rain like Powerball mentioned, plus storms fired too quickly before the atmosphere fully recovered from the morning fog/stratus. I can't fault SPC as the potential was pretty decent albeit conditional.

Not my subforum, but just caught this severe thunderstorm warning for the Columbus, Ohio area:

A Severe Thunderstorm Warning remains in effect until 5:15 pm EDT for Northwestern Pickaway, Western Licking, Franklin, Northwestern Fairfield and southeastern Delaware counties in central Ohio.

At 4:41 pm EDT, radar continued to indicate severe thunderstorms located along a line extending from Polaris to commercial point. Moving northeast at 35 mph.

Storm hazards include: destructive winds to 80 mph. Quarter size hail. Locations impacted include: Downtown Columbus, Westerville, Easton, Sunbury, Gahanna, New Albany, Reynoldsburg, Pickerington and Pataskala.

In addition, commercial point, Minerva Park, Huber Ridge. Duvall, Galena, Bexley, Lockbourne and Obetz are near the path of these storms.

This includes the following interstates. I-70 between mile markers 93 and 121. I-71 between mile markers 92 and 128.

1.00IN Wind, 80mph.

Tornado warning for Columbus now:

The National Weather Service in Wilmington has issued a Tornado Warning for: Northeastern Franklin County in central Ohio. Western Licking County in central Ohio.

• Until 5:30 pm EDT.
  • At 4:52 pm EDT, radar indicated a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado located near Bexley, moving northeast at 30 mph.
  • Locations impacted include: Easton. Gahanna. Reynoldsburg. New Albany. Pataskala. In addition, Whitehall, Port Columbus Airport, Summit Station. Jersey, Beechwood Trails, State Route 310 at State Route 161. Johnstown and Alexandria are near the path of this dangerous thunderstorm. This includes the following interstates. I-70 between mile markers 100 and 107. I-71 between mile markers 107 and 113.

Radar indicated.

Mesoscale models were too slow with the progression of the rain like Powerball mentioned, plus storms fired too quickly before the atmosphere fully recovered from the morning fog/stratus. I can't fault SPC as the potential was pretty decent albeit conditional.

The early initiation is what did us in. The atmosphere was not together yet when individual cells started firing. Had it been, today would've been a different scenario.

The early initiation is what did us in. The atmosphere was not together yet when individual cells started firing. Had it been, today would've been a different scenario.

The pre-frontal trough had no choice but to steal the show when last night's band of rain was still going strong and hauling ass to the NE...

Archived