joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/20-21 storm observations

dmillz25

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most data had the jackpotting north of the areas getting it right now...more north central and not burlington. I for one sided with the thought theyd heavily overperform in philly-burlington-ocean area versus what nws had...it was all bsaed on them not turning to rain really, every model had the heavier qpf to the south.

So I had been reading correctly, most forecasts had Mercer to Middlesex doing better, not Burlington. But this has happened a lot the last 5 years or so.

So I had been reading correctly, most forecasts had Mercer to Middlesex doing better, not Burlington. But this has happened a lot the last 5 years or so.

Southern Middlesex has been doing well, also Monmouth by the Holmdel area. The best banding has been just to our south. I have a bit over 2 inches on lawn.

There were some models that had it right for further south. I think the Canadian/rgem did really well since yesterday painting that. And aside from the nam, those models still had us getting our 3-5 so no harm no foul. Im in a highly urban area and roads are not covered out there, my vis is 0.75 miles as i can see the train station still from my aptmt, its been heavier at times, but waiting on the goods still over all. probably have an inch or a little more at this point on the grass. 

But as the fellow from colts neck and pictures from further south are telling us, its a bit of a different world to our south and west

Euro basically had zero snow south of rt 195 at least if you are using its snow maps. lol pretty bad . Liquid wise time will tell how off that was as welll as the other models.

Which is why the Stormvista snow maps should be ignored.

They over compensate surface temps.

Wow at these reports as of 2-3PM...and its been 2"/hr there id estimate by the 30-35 dbz bands since these reports...some have 5-6 easily down there at this point and still ripping. Very impressive.

...BURLINGTON COUNTY...
RIVERTON 3.8 218 PM 3/20 TRAINED SPOTTER
MCGUIRE AFB 3.4 200 PM 3/20 OTHER FEDERAL
FLORENCE 3.4 231 PM 3/20 TRAINED SPOTTER
MOUNT HOLLY WFO 3.0 200 PM 3/20 NWS OFFICE
BORDENTOWN 2.8 258 PM 3/20 TRAINED SPOTTER
TABERNACLE 2.8 230 PM 3/20 TRAINED SPOTTER
WESTAMPTON TWP 2.1 1259 PM 3/20 TRAINED SPOTTER
MOUNT LAUREL 1.6 1145 AM 3/20 NWS EMPLOYEE

...CAMDEN COUNTY...
SICKLERVILLE 3.5 220 PM 3/20 NWS EMPLOYEE
VOORHEES 3.0 257 PM 3/20 SOCIAL MEDIA
LINDENWOLD 2.5 251 PM 3/20 SOCIAL MEDIA
PINE HILL 2.0 259 PM 3/20 SOCIAL MEDIA

There were some models that had it right for further south. I think the Canadian/rgem did really well since yesterday painting that. And aside from the nam, those models still had us getting our 3-5 so no harm no foul. Im in a highly urban area and roads are not covered out there, my vis is 0.75 miles as i can see the train station still from my aptmt, its been heavier at times, but waiting on the goods still over all. probably have an inch or a little more at this point on the grass. 

But as the fellow from colts neck and pictures from further south are telling us, its a bit of a different world to our south and west

Yeah my storm vista maps were pretty bad for this event. Consistently showed areas to my north getting the most while i struggled with bl issues. Turns out the heavy banding ended up just to my south.. The 2 inches looks beautiful here and will prob end around 3, but congrats to snj. Amazingly they jackpot again. When i was a kid it was hard for it to snow south of the art center. lol

Archived