joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/20-21 storm observations

dmillz25

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on radar it must be 2" hour down there. Has been steady moderate in manhattan for a while now. Not even close to sticking on paced surfaces though

But it's also almost 36 degrees there. It will melt as soon as it lets up.

This is a bust for Manhattan. It's just not sticking simple as that. I was afraid this would be a taint storm and it's turning out that way! Bring on spring

Dude we have 4-7 hours of snow left. It just started. Plus everyone said manhattan would have trouble due to it being a heat island. And you were not afraid this would happen. You were jumping for joy when NWS raised their totals last night and you said they stole your map.

Dude we have 4-7 hours of snow left. It just started. Plus everyone said manhattan would have trouble due to it being a heat island. And you were not afraid this would happen. You were jumping for joy when NWS raised their totals last night and you said they stole your map.

Nick you know I feen for snow but Im in the city at work today and I must admit, I'm worried a little more now because it's just not accumulating at all. It's snowing heavily but everything is melting. Bronx and northern queens at least are getting snow. I would call this a bust only for Manhattan! It's just not getting it done bud!

Nick you know I feen for snow but Im in the city at work today and I must admit, I'm worried a little more now because it's just not accumulating at all. It's snowing heavily but everything is melting. Bronx and northern queens at least are getting snow. I would call this a bust only for Manhattan! It's just not getting it done bud!

No need to tell me. I'm simple pointing out the contradiction in your post. Carry on.

Sun is slowly lowering it should start sticking everywhere in the next hour

Not sure where 4-7 hours of accumulating snow for NYC and north is coming from.  The heavy stuff is still moving more E than NE from DE and even showing breaks coming out of NE PA.  It doesn't appear that we are going to hit the forecasted amounts north of I80 based on radar.

Archived