joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Discussion for April

Quincy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like with the exception of Eastern mass..we may come of this period almost unscathed..Other than below normal temps..no backdoors,,no drizzle..little rain..just some misery right near the coast..and we're in the 60's from mid week on before the torch comes right after

You're whining about doom and gloom didn't really pan out. Things aren't great but it's certainly not awful. 

Seems like with the exception of Eastern mass..we may come of this period almost unscathed..Other than below normal temps..no backdoors,,no drizzle..little rain..just some misery right near the coast..and we're in the 60's from mid week on before the torch comes right after

What are you talking about?

We avoided almost all rain and misery in this pattern. End of week low misses way south..We stay dry with NW flow and 60's to near 70 mid week on..Could have been awful

We had a 9 day stretch of nice weather this month, otherwise it's been cool and blustery. Not sure what planet your on. We had snow the other morning. Tomorrow will be chilly again with aftn showers. Gets a little better Wednesday.

We had a 9 day stretch of nice weather this month, otherwise it's been cool and blustery. Not sure what planet your on. We had snow the other morning. Tomorrow will be chilly again with aftn showers. Gets a little better Wednesday.

Only your area North gets wet tomorrow..We had BN temps the last week or so. The point is...this could have been an awful stretch with nothing but clouds, rain and NE flow. We avoided almost all that..and what was advertised to be wet and misery was BN sure..but not terrible in the grand scheme of things and we ended up with a nice weekend this weekend..and Wednesday is 70+ away from the coast.. This was a win..other than the chilly temps..I don't think you'd find anyone disagreeing with that

Only your area North gets wet tomorrow..We had BN temps the last week or so. The point is...this could have been an awful stretch with nothing but clouds, rain and NE flow. We avoided almost all that..and what was advertised to be wet and misery was BN sure..but not terrible in the grand scheme of things and we ended up with a nice weekend this weekend..and Wednesday is 70+ away from the coast.. This was a win..other than the chilly temps..I don't think you'd find anyone disagreeing with that

LOL, my area north. In the winter it would be, "east of the CT River." Gotcha.  Wednesday isn't 70.  I thought the 9-10 day stretch was great, otherwise a suck month, as April usually is. Those low 40s the last two days are colder than you would be with a downslope NE wind in Tolland.

LOL, my area north. In the winter it would be, "east of the CT River." Gotcha.  Wednesday isn't 70.  I thought the 9-10 day stretch was great, otherwise a suck month, as April usually is. Those low 40s the last two days are colder than you would be with a downslope NE wind in Tolland.

WEDNESDAY...HIGH CONFIDENCE.

DIGGING TROUGH ACROSS THE CENTRAL CONUS WILL PUSH RIDGE OVER THE

REGION. THIS WILL GIVE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND A BREAK IN PRECIP AND

TEMPS NEAR TO ABOVE NORMAL....A FEW MODELS ARE EVEN SPITTING OUT 70S

FOR HIGHS OUT WEST.

WEDNESDAY...HIGH CONFIDENCE.

DIGGING TROUGH ACROSS THE CENTRAL CONUS WILL PUSH RIDGE OVER THE

REGION. THIS WILL GIVE SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND A BREAK IN PRECIP AND

TEMPS NEAR TO ABOVE NORMAL....A FEW MODELS ARE EVEN SPITTING OUT 70S

FOR HIGHS OUT WEST.

I'm sure you'll dig up a few sun drenched PWS stations. Otherwise, most of region will fall short. It will be a nice day though.  You can always hope +2F BDL verifies...I know how tied up you are to that station, now that you divorced ORH for the season.

mmm   i think you guys are going to have to deal with at least the potential for 12 hours of inclement cool harshness that envelopes everyone ...including SW zones around D6... 

But even after that, I wouldn't bite/buy to hard into any protracted warming ...not based upon the overnight tele's. They represent instability there and new -NAO... that might impose more NW and/or BD contamination, as warned up through yesterday.  

That said, probably won't be colder than this puke weekend -

Big news in the neighborhood today.  Saw the first forsythia with a bit of yellow trying to open. Last snow natural snow on my property will melt in the next couple of days and Newfound Ice Out was 2 days ago.  Spring greenup will now begin in earnest.  

Saw the GFS advertises for a cold rain elevation snow up here on Friday, is Euro showing similar?

Archived