joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20th White Rain/Slush Event Discussion and Obs

yoda

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might want to think about splitting the county into north/south zones. I noticed HoCo has been split into east/west recently. North AACo is much more like eastern HoCo.

Yup. Totally agree. The climo and winter weather events are much different from Northern Part of the County (Brooklyn Park) to Southern part of the county (Deale). 

Yup. Totally agree. The climo and winter weather events are much different from Northern Part of the County (Brooklyn Park) to Southern part of the county (Deale). 

I would vote to do that for as many counties as possible.

Hey guys can someone explain those soundings? My take- if the blue is fully to the left of the red line, then snow is imminent or falling at the time of the sounding? What about the green line?

Help appreciated!

Thanks!

You're close! Red line = temperature, Green line = dew point

In simple terms, when the red and green lines closely touch near the surface precipitation would be expected to be falling.

here's to the last snowy morning for this winter season    :drunk:

good luck to all

Thanks for the good wishes, but I am just a little too far southeast for this one. I'll be fine til late Feb 2016 lol

Temp has been STUCK at 42 last 2 hours, dewpoint is rising, it is 26. Wind is steady out of the SE at 6mph. Plenty of mild air lol

I look at it this way, my grass will grow faster with all of the fresh rain I'm going to get tonight and tomorrow. One Woodbridge Wxbug station has me at 45 degrees lmao

Really not a very cold night, the jebwalk earlier was actually mild and springlike, only needed a light jacket lol

Rain's knocking at my doorstep as the precip shield continues to overspread the region

DT's a 295 IQ Genius with his maps. He shifted everything NW a bit. He's on to something, i think, and that something, for my BY, starts with a capital R lol.......

This air mass kinda sucks. I mean it's good for mar 20 but eh. It is plenty cold right above us though. We just need to get pummeled for a few hours.

Moist SE wind n'all. I'm suprised you guys are still roasting from the daytime. Your current temp is warmer than my daily high. It's like wow.

Moist SE wind n'all. I'm suprised you guys are still roasting from the daytime. You're current temp is warmer than my daily high. It's like wow.

Usually the surface wind setup is enough to make you not believe.. let alone late March. Even the station by me is 43 and went up. We'll wet bulb decently but maybe not quite enough.. it's going to be close even in sub-moderate (or my) elevation.

Archived