• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Space Weather Discussion

ApacheTrout

Well, that deescalated quickly. The Ovation model still looks impressive despite the putrid IMF, so maybe it's not entirely a lost cause?

Yeah it is hard to say. Storms pulse up and down so I wouldn't give up yet. The weather looks favorable here so I am going to try anyway. The question is will the IMF tip south again?

The Bz was strongly negative for about 45 minutes but has flipped.  The density has come down to 7'ish from over 40, and Btotal is half of what it was, so G4-G5 levels aren't going to happen. 

When you factor in the transit delay, that favorable period should be arriving in about 30 minutes and will last for about 45.  It should be plenty sufficient for a burst to G3. But we'll be fighting lingering daylight.

I am calling bust. K Index down to 4. By now I should be seeing the first hints of it on camera and nothing is showing up. Also there are quite a few debris clouds streaming in from the great Lakes convection.

lol... the sky is currently still brighter than any northern lights you are ever going to see.  Have some patience and try again in about 25 minutes.

There was a nice, perfect green arc stretching across the sky up to about 30 degrees, tall rays only lasted about 2 minutes.  Just a faint glow more to the west now.

Did anyone else catch that awesome meteor in the eastern sky?  Big and bright orange, ultimately splitting into a couple pieces before fading out.

The next arrival of good solar wind should kick the activity up again...the Bz has been holding even lower, but the density has dropped even further.  Hard to get bright activity with a density of 2-3 protons.

There was a nice, perfect green arc stretching across the sky up to about 30 degrees, tall rays only lasted about 2 minutes.  Just a faint glow more to the west now.

Did anyone else catch that awesome meteor in the eastern sky?  Big and bright orange, ultimately splitting into a couple pieces before fading out.

The next arrival of good solar wind should kick the activity up again...the Bz has been holding even lower, but the density has dropped even further.  Hard to get bright activity with a density of 2-3 protons.

Text us when it rivals 2003. Thanks.