Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Space Weather Discussion

ApacheTrout

29 minutes ago, ApacheTrout said:

And it's going to be clear tonight in many places.  Besides standing outside in a dark spot, what's your go-to page for stats?

No moon tonight, either. 

All you really need is this link.  That dip to near -20bz would have been great had it lasted until dark.  This is the front end of a coronal hole that supposedly has a weak CME entangled in it.  Should see a sudden jump in the solar wind speed at some point if true.

http://services.swpc.noaa.gov/images/ace-mag-24-hour.gif

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Things got pretty lively for a time on the Sebec Lake webcam. Probably would have been able to pick up some color on camera down here, but I wasn't feelin' it. 

There was a time where we weren't getting agood Bz reading, so I made the executive decision to NOT get eaten alive waiting alone with my camera in the dark.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Professional Lurker said:

Any chance of it clearing out up north? Socked in and there's great potential this evening!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Clouded in here. I got the alarm on my phone but screwed by the clouds :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Nothing really going on, but there's a really strong red glow through the overcast to my north. MWN is socked in too so no AURBO chance there. Maybe it's just some strong red light scattered through the low overcast, but I don't recall ever seeing the northern horizon lit up like this on my cam before.

• 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow night is worth watching with the rapid-fire CIR/CH/CME sequence. Hopefully the timing is right and the streams don't just destructively interfere with each other.

Solar wind parameters are expected to be enhanced for the remainder of day one (15 May) due to the anticipated arrival of a CIR in advance of a recurrent, positive polarity CH HSS. On day two (16 May), this enhancement in solar wind parameters is expected to persist until an additional enhancement impacts Earth late in the day from the expected arrival of the 13 May CME. Day three (17 May) should see persistent influence from the combined CH HSS and CME effects.

89y2Rsw.png

21 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Tomorrow night is worth watching with the rapid-fire CIR/CH/CME sequence. Hopefully the timing is right and the streams don't just destructively interfere with each other.

89y2Rsw.png

I am hoping this one produces as it actually looks like we have a shot at clear enough skies to see something. That and it will get warm so you won't have to freeze out there watching it. Finally the moon is reasonably favorable with moonrise at 1am or so. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, eyewall said:

If the rest of this summer is any indication we will probably be screwed by clouds here but I have my fingers crossed. it will be a race against time tomorrow night with the next approaching system. 

The aggregate of modelling from the CME scoreboard has it hitting mid-morning tomorrow local time, which would be pretty abysmal timing but also par for the course the past few years. I'll be checking periodically throughout the night tonight for an early arrival

Has anyone considering plotting 9 planetary +1 moon position in the 360 sky, include angles to each other, versus World weather, also +++ so many days, going back as far as satellites have been plotting data? it would be over ten thousand variables. Could be awesome. 
I would do it with fast software. You could go forward 1000 years

15 hours ago, eyewall said:

If the rest of this summer is any indication we will probably be screwed by clouds here but I have my fingers crossed. it will be a race against time tomorrow night with the next approaching system. 

I lived in South Hero for a few years. The causeway is a good spot for viewing. Saw the lights a few times from there. Awesome wide open view looking north.