SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/20-21 Potential Winter Storm

anthonyweather

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rgem is the best model at this range without a doubt. Was it a great run? No it wasn't but it wasn't a bad run either. Nam I just don't like that model at all. GFS was a great run but do I trust it no. I'm still going with 4-6 as rgem and nam both advertised that for our area in previous runs. At least 3 inches is a lock for Central Park! I'm still going with 5 inches for the park and Staten Island with 6 inches!

Rgem is the best model at this range without a doubt. Was it a great run? No it wasn't but it wasn't a bad run either. Nam I just don't like that model at all. GFS was a great run but do I trust it no. I'm still going with 4-6 as rgem and nam both advertised that for our area in previous runs. At least 3 inches is a lock for Central Park! I'm still going with 5 inches for the park and Staten Island with 6 inches!

Rgem did not do well with the last 2 events.

Was too low with snow amounts and too south.

It could easily bump north at 18z and 0z tonight.

Not being a downer or anything but nam is a 1-2 for everyone except central and southern Jersey, nam is worst case scenario

And I asked if busses drive on grass because pavement will see less than half of the 4 inch amounts imo

Why wouldn't the snow stick to streets if the temps are 28-31 degrees with a thick cloud deck?

Thanks for the reply in advance.

(Obviously not talking about midtown Manhattan)

Also,

How did your 2"-4" call go for the March 5th 6"-10" storm??

Archived