SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting an A/C tomorrow. $125 for a 5000 BTU. For the people lol'ing about installing A/C's try being in a bedroom which is about 80F+ and even windows open or a fan don't help much

I actually had to install mine once in March - I think it was 1998.  I was living in a third story attic apartment in Springfield working third shift and trying to sleep in the afternoon during the hottest weather ever in March.  I think it was 90/89 at BDL/CEF on one day and even though it was cooling into the 30s/40s at night (it was wicked dry), it didn't help me trying to sleep while it was over 100° up there.  I resisted the first day but it was rough going so I caved.

You do what you have to do to be comfortable.  Some people wear jackets in December when it's 70° just because it's December and they are Christmas shopping and others wear shorts just so they can say they did.  To each his own.

You and MWN...torch at 4kft haha. You can see the low level chill under 3,000ft on the auto road profile.

image.jpg

I look at it like this; I can always sweat my balls off in the summer. Spring is a collection of warm and cool days. It will probably be in the 80s here tomorrow. Let's enjoy the cool, especially when those suckers out west aren't getting a drop of rain anyways. We win.

I look at it like this; I can always sweat my balls off in the summer. Spring is a collection of warm and cool days. It will probably be in the 80s here tomorrow. Let's enjoy the cool, especially when those suckers out west aren't getting a drop of rain anyways. We win.

Oh I'm totally with you. There will be plenty of sweaty days. I'd take any cool day I could at this point. You'll want it in August.

Nice good soaking rains this afternoon and evening. First round was a good half inch and now we've got this train of moderate rain moving through...

May11_radar_zpsvqsavscx.gif

Hopefully that is falling nice and gently in Northfield on the golf course. We just aerated our greens and irrigation just isn't as good as rain.

Archived