joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did come through here in the last half hour...  Wonderfully refreshing...  Back down just under 80 after spiked to 84...DPs up there though. 

This appears to be shallower than the one the other day.  I have dark based TCU in the area... I'm wondering if we can pop something along this boundary.  

It can stop cooling off now. It's cold with that wind.

This is a weird BD, actually ... There really are no supportive mechanics observable in the guidance ( I have seen just yet) so not sure what the impetus is for bringing this mass down this time. The one the other day was much more typical, with NVA building into GOM and so forth. 

interesting.

Actually ... this like a winter "tuck" deal..  There was some +PP that built into central/N NE over night, and it appears to be "lobing" back around from the NE ... 

Blame our geography, of having mountains over western NH/ME, with a cold ocean lurking near-by east.  

I tried that and usually do but it was still 70° at 10PM outside and the house was sitting around 80° with two fans blowing in the attic and two blowing on the second level. When the outside temp isn't going to cooperate, it's time to mechanically cool the space so I did.

My rule of thumb is that if it's below 70 at 10PM I'll be OK with the window fan but if it's above, I'll be more comfortable with the AC.

While you were sweltering and dripping sweat in a dew/heat furnace ,. Were you thinking to yourself you should have installed them when it was mild and dry last week?

Some know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em. We hold.

Yeah last night was warm in Death Valley but certainly manageable with a fan. No reason for window units with lots of COC days ahead.

Also... 1000 feet up in the woods it should be quite a bit more comfortable than my place on the valley floor. No?

Yeah last night was warm in Death Valley but certainly manageable with a fan. No reason for window units with lots of COC days ahead.

Also... 1000 feet up in the woods it should be quite a bit more comfortable than my place on the valley floor. No?

One would think, especially since they are even colder than Norfolk CT right? The Davis says so. 

Can you site a few examples of a worse pollen year? When everything leafed out in 5 days . And the white pines haven't yet

Today was the first day I noticed it, but I haven't seen it that terrible. For me, it's the pine pollen...but I don't have many of those luckily. Just mostly oak. I mean every Spring has pollen. 

Archived