• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

2005 changed my attitude towards the heat. I worked a lot outside and it wears you down when it's warm day after day. August was a high Td month and maybe not the U90s...but it was pretty muggy. No thanks unless you are pool or beach side.

That whole '05 summer was pretty muggy...we didn't have really any major signature heatwaves, but the constant 87/68 type days were nasty. It's what helped it to a top 3 warmest summer in the record books despite the relative lack of excesive heat waves. I think ORH only put up 5 days of 90+ that summer...but the high mins due to humid conditions really helped drive the anomaly that year. We had way more mins above 70F than I can remember....well 10 to be exact...but it felt like about 25, lol.

As a contrast, 2014 had zero days with a min of 70F+ at ORH.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That whole '05 summer was pretty muggy...we didn't have really any major signature heatwaves, but the constant 87/68 type days were nasty. It's what helped it to a top 3 warmest summer in the record books despite the relative lack of excesive heat waves. I think ORH only put up 5 days of 90+ that summer...but the high mins due to humid conditions really helped drive the anomaly that year. We had way more mins above 70F than I can remember....well 10 to be exact...but it felt like about 25, lol.

As a contrast, 2014 had zero days with a min of 70F+ at ORH.

Yeah it was nasty. I was probably in the best shape of my life too and it took everything out of me after doing labor all day. 

these COC days are the best, don't know why you wouldn't want this with about 15 more degrees all summer long, just perfect stuff. Boring in summer is good.

Too windy and cooling to the skin. The dews keep you warm. 80 with wind and dry dews are cooling to skin ESP when swimming.. And no storms..And nights stay warm so you are comfortable in just a t shirt and don't have to worry about freezing.

Too windy and cooling to the skin. The dews keep you warm. 80 with wind and dry dews are cooling to skin ESP when swimming.. And no storms..And nights stay warm so you are comfortable in just a t shirt and don't have to worry about freezing.

85/60 is perfect for everyone. Are you looking forward to yet another COC filled summer?

How many nights are you "freezing" during the summer?

If your a daily beach goer or have a pool maybe you would want some higher temps/dews.  I would think the majority would prefer low dews and 80.

How many nights are you "freezing" during the summer?

If your a daily beach goer or have a pool maybe you would want some higher temps/dews.  I would think the majority would prefer low dews and 80.

We do this every year. He used to like cold, but he fell and bumped his head several years ago. After that, he suddenly wanted hot and stormy summers...both of which do not occur on an average basis. Most definitely prefer something closer to climo.

I actually don't think that's the kind of summer we'll have. I think there won't be a lot of heat,, but instead I think we'll see a lot of wetness and south flow with high humidity. Like a lot of 78-80/ 68-70 dews days

if the Bermuda high ends up displaced west, I could see something like that at times.  But would appear NW flow rules most of the time given the western uber ridge

We achieved it in 1995-1996.

If you are talking continuous, not sure its been done in our parts...including this year with the bouts of bare ground we had in December and January.

I've had 1"+ starting Nov. 26, so I'm at 140 consecutive as of yesterday, and should still have cover at my evening TOBS Friday, making 143, one more than last year's record.  (Also had 8 days with 1"+ cover in mid-Nov, so 2002-03's 146 total days also falls.)  Longest consecutive run I found for New Sharon coop, 3 miles to my SSE and 100' higher, was 137 days in 2007-08.  In 1995-96, they ran out of snowcover on 3/25 before getting some days during 2nd week of April, so that year's streak ended at 127.

why would you want to put your AC on to sleep. I love brutal winter cold but hate the heating the house part, if I can save money and energy all summer like last summer I am all in. Deep cool breathable Canadian air masses again this summer, la la la la lock that up

So we're judging by a weather board filled with cold, winter weather fanatics who wish it would year round?

LOL..of course it's skewed

The general public doesn't like HHH weather either. They don't like extremes in general. They hate frigid and snow and they hate excessive heat and humidity.

Archived