Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like thermodynamics in Tolland, it ceases to exist there.

I did read a study that showed how AGW in elevated portions of northeast CT causes thermometers to read colder than the ambient temperature in the boreal winter and warmer than the ambient temp in boreal summer. The sample size was only about 10 years (since 2005), so caution was emphasized in waiting for more data.

I did read a study that showed how AGW in elevated portions of northeast CT causes thermometers to read colder than the ambient temperature in the boreal winter and warmer than the ambient temp in boreal summer. The sample size was only about 10 years (since 2005), so caution was emphasized in waiting for more data.

What about dews?

:lol:

Was this the one done by Wood et al? I did come across that, but saw it was highly scrutinized under peer review. :(

Well I will say a taste of far interior snowpack was pretty cool. It is nice to have it look like winter for so long, and not just with a skim covering either. This time of year is depressing. I know I probably sound disturbing with what I'm about to say, but I don't enjoy summer at all, unless it's a 80F day with 50s at night.

......I don't enjoy summer at all, unless it's a 80F day with 50s at night.

Thats something I'll never understand about some New Englanders. Just like I'll never understand the love of endless snow and cold.  I stay depressed Jan-april with a perk up in May.

To me, last summer blew chunks for the most part, just as I expect this one will.

Well I will say a taste of far interior snowpack was pretty cool. It is nice to have it look like winter for so long, and not just with a skim covering either. This time of year is depressing. I know I probably sound disturbing with what I'm about to say, but I don't enjoy summer at all, unless it's a 80F day with 50s at night.

PWM normals for July 4th: 78/59 :sizzle:

DVN normals for July 4th: 86/65 :axe:

Thats something I'll never understand about some New Englanders. Just like I'll never understand the love of endless snow and cold. I stay depressed Jan-april with a perk up in May.

To me, last summer blew chunks for the most part, just as I expect this one will.

Unless I live at the beach or pool, there is no use for sweat weather. It's awful.

I know a lot of transplanted southerners up here. It's intersting. We can deal with the snow and the cold and all that goes with it more than New Englanders can deal with the climate in south Texas. After a month of 100/70, you guys would cry for your mama. To us, 100/70 is a good day to do outside work or play golf.

I spent many a summer playing golf in 99/68 in Austin TX...you get used to it after a while. You just have to adapt like any other climate. You go out with sun block on and lots of gatorade in your golf cart. Up here in the winter, we go outside with layers of long sleeve shirts, heavy winter coats, gloves, hats...stuff that is somewhat foreign to southerners.

I know a lot of transplanted southerners up here. It's intersting. We can deal with the snow and the cold and all that goes with it more than New Englanders can deal with the climate in south Texas. After a month of 100/70, you guys would cry for your mama. To us, 100/70 is a good day to do outside work or play golf.

Relative humidity of 38% sounds pretty easy to handle.

Yeah, you get acclimated and to each his own, but when it's time to enjoy the outdoors, I prefer not to smell B.O. from people. Call me crazy.

96/70 is definitely nasty...I totally prefer 78/50...but if you live in it or spend a lot of time in it, then you eventually get used to it.

I'd probably go insane though after a while if we had 96/70 all the time. At least in TX, the heat was dry sometimes which wasn't bad. You'd get a few days of 95/50 which was actually pretty pleasant given that on the east coast, 87/70 can feel a lot worse.

I spent many a summer playing golf in 99/68 in Austin TX...you get used to it after a while. You just have to adapt like any other climate. You go out with sun block on and lots of gatorade in your golf cart. Up here in the winter, we go outside with layers of long sleeve shirts, heavy winter coats, gloves, hats...stuff that is somewhat foreign to southerners.

When my dad and I went down to Pinehurst for his 60th in June of 2010, we basically got off the plane and went to play No.4. It was roughly 105/70.

Kind of like a blast furnace at first, but after a few cold, watered down towels and some water you're fine.

96/70 is definitely nasty...I totally prefer 78/50...but if you live in it or spend a lot of time in it, then you eventually get used to it.

I'd probably go insane though after a while if we had 96/70 all the time. At least in TX, the heat was dry sometimes which wasn't bad. You'd get a few days of 95/50 which was actually pretty pleasant given that on the east coast, 87/70 can feel a lot worse.

It's the dewpoints definitely. There is nothing more uncomfortable, than that sticky nasty feeling. Of course you know who would counter with the argument of that needed for tstms. To which I then say. :facepalm:

When my dad and I went down to Pinehurst for his 60th in June of 2010, we basically got off the plane and went to play No.4. It was roughly 105/70.

Kind of like a blast furnace at first, but after a few cold, watered down towels and some water you're fine.

I went to tennis camp when I was younger for several summers in a row down in Texas.

Playing tennis in 100F heat is something that will get you acclimated to it pretty fast. Either that or darwinism takes over when everyone starts collapsing of heat stroke. :lol:

I went to tennis camp when I was younger for several summers in a row down in Texas.

Playing tennis in 100F heat is something that will get you acclimated to it pretty fast. Either that or darwinism takes over when everyone starts collapsing of heat stroke. :lol:

I can tell you I wasn't carrying my clubs that day.

Archived