Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good weenie area for snowpack...the wooded regions from South and West Natick down through Sherborn, Hopkinton, Medfield and of course Walpole and Foxborough. That stretch goes north too into Sudbury where it is even better retention. It's funny, because I feel like a little west of that stretch the snowpack decreases often before increasing again in ORH county.

Snow that deep kind of scares me.  Crippling fear of sinking to the bottom and becoming entombed until spring.

I imagine you won't sink too deep into that March snowpack no matter how hard you try.  

If it's 7 feet of fresh snow, without snowshoes I don't think you'd make it far before realizing that fear.

The downside to the snow pack is the starving. Not much of a deer lover but I hate to see anything suffer. Cutting trees today they were not waiting for me to move along, they came right for the buds. The coyotes could be seen circling around the edge of the field.

Cut a pile of of evergreen yesterday, picked clean overnight.

The downside to the snow pack is the starving. Not much of a deer lover but I hate to see anything suffer. Cutting trees today they were not waiting for me to move along, they came right for the buds. The coyotes could be seen circling around the edge of the field.

g.jpg

st1.jpg

st2.jpg

Nice representatiion, seen tons of deer this week, they survived. Herd needs thinning to prevent population crash.

g.jpg

st1.jpg

st2.jpg

Wow

Man, still up to 20" in the 100% shaded area here.

Most of my yard is between 11-15", though.....which I can prance on top of, at just north of 200lbs.

Nuts.

Never seen anything like it....as Scott alluded to, I've seen deeper snow at this point owed to one large event, but never this stout, glacialized pack....much, much more resilient than nascent snows, which are easily vaporized.

Lots of QPF, as Powderfreak mentioned.

That is just about 2 consecutive months of greater than 20" of depth in that spot.

Been living here 24 years, and that is by far a first.

Most of my yard is between 11-15", though.....which I can prance on top of, at just north of 200lbs.

Nuts.

Never seen anything like it....as Scott alluded to, I've seen deeper snow at this point owed to one large event, but never this stout, glacialized pack....much, much more resilient than nascent snows, which are easily vaporized.

That is just about 2 consecutive months of greater than 20" of depth in that spot.

Thursdays 58/55 is going to do a number on it

Nuts.

Yeah I just walked on it too. Impressive to say the least.

Archived