SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential snow Friday/Saturday 3/20-21/2015

famartin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12Z suite should be telling. I expect to see more warming and again, an increase in qpf this suite but we shall see. If I were to pinpoint some areas, I would say Mount Pocono is looking good as are the high hills in and around that general area in Eastern PA north of I78. Of course using this as a bullseye zone and not suggesting other areas wont see any snow as flakes will fly for most for a period tomorrow.

So I am curious as to thoughts on road conditions tomorrow.  I have a moving company moving my stuff from Lebanon to Hillsborough around Noon (they are coming from Allentown).  Hopefully, the roads stay slushy/wet only.  Of all the days for it to snow...

Anyway, 3-6, on grassy areas at least, looks like a good bet. 

I would imagine my area in NW Chesco above 650ft will do well....I am actually down at Phils Spring Training so my wife will be doing the board measuring for me tomorrow. Maybe my buddy iceman down the road can come up to my place and do some measuring also

Paul

and shoveling, right? :-)

Gonna go with 2 inches for trenton. 1.5 inches for philly. 4 inches for doylestown. 2.5 inches for willow grove. 4.5 inches for reading and Allentown. 1 inch or less for much of south jersey. Shame this couldn't fall at night but the melting will be too much to overcome to get close to 10:1 ratios. Even if we get some heavy stuff, I don't see the roads being an issue tomorrow. I really only want 1.4" to get to 40 on the year, then a rapid melt Saturday morning to get a round of golf in.

I would imagine my area in NW Chesco above 650ft will do well....I am actually down at Phils Spring Training so my wife will be doing the board measuring for me tomorrow. Maybe my buddy iceman down the road can come up to my place and do some measuring also

Paul

I'll walk up my hill where it's 682' at the top, house is at 352' and see what effect 330' has.

Not sure it will be too different, ground was frozen solid this morning at the house and should

be frozen again after tonight.

Pretty sure your driveway will be bare by the time you get back...

Is that map accurate for CNJ? Or is this one of these cases that it shows 7" but it's actually 2" because there are BL issues?

it's based on a 10:1 ratio, which won't happen(well should say most likely not happen) because temps will be very borderline, 32-34 during the event with a strong sun. In this case though, it would be more like 3-4 inches on grassy surfaces imo after factoring in the low ratio's and melting. North and west may see the 10:1 ratio's though.

The sun is baking the asphalt/baking today. I''m installing new brakes while positioned on the ground....quite warm. May even have received some color? It's basically the strength of late Sept sun rays at this point I would think...

Roughly September 23rd...

Yeah, sounds about right. Trout season starts April 4th this year in SE PA. And in years past I would come home w/a "farmers tan" many times...

Archived