• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2015 Spring/Summer Banter & complaint thread

dmc76

Stebo, let's say the average for May and June t'storm days is 11 combined (which it is for Milwaukee). I think anyone who loves storms has a legit complaint if they get less than half their average number of storms in this period (which I know much of SE Wisconsin has done and many throughout the Great Lakes as well).

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stebo, let's say the average for May and June t'storm days is 11 combined (which it is for Milwaukee). I think anyone who loves storms has a legit complaint if they get less than half their average number of storms in this period (which I know much of SE Wisconsin has done and many throughout the Great Lakes as well).

Sure that would work out in SE WI because you guys haven't been getting rain and storms in your locale like everyone else. We have here, they just haven't hit everywhere. Case in point yesterday dmc said that it was a bust, even though southern parts of Metro Detroit near Ohio had 3-5" of a rain. Just because something doesn't occur at a singular point doesn't mean it is a bust.

In the last week we can't even buy a shower, pretty soon we won't even be able to experience weather lol.

Our children and our childrens' children will stagger across a nightmare landscape of marshy bog, unbroken stratus deck overhead.

Their discordant wails are the only sound for the winds, like their hopes, have died.

They have forgotten what it is to feel sun and sky or storm. But it does not matter. There is no weather worth experiencing anymore.

The bank clock has been replaced with a painted sign. It does not change. It is 45F. It will be 45F tomorrow. It will be 45F forever.

In his skyscraper lair, ALEK chuckles. The lever of his HAARP weather control machine is set to ZZZZZZ and that is where it will stay until human thought and human memory cease to be.

Our children and our childrens' children will stagger across a nightmare landscape of marshy bog, unbroken stratus deck overhead.

Their discordant wails are the only sound for the winds, like their hopes, have died.

They have forgotten what it is to feel sun and sky or storm. But it does not matter. There is no weather worth experiencing anymore.

The bank clock has been replaced with a painted sign. It does not change. It is 45F. It will be 45F tomorrow. It will be 45F forever.

In his skyscraper lair, ALEK chuckles. The lever of his HAARP weather control machine is set to ZZZZZZ and that is where it will stay until human thought and human memory cease to be.

So basically it's going to be Vancouver 9 months out of the year?

What the? I see someone finally snapped.

solid stretch of upper 60s / low 70s coming up...this could be the best week of summer

One of these days i am going to pull up a radar and there won't be a red blob somewhere in the area...i love storms...but this has destroyed my schedule book for the landscape company

Yeah, my landscaper had two wait two extra weeks for the designer to finish up her design. This was many weeks ago and pushed us into monsoon season. Needless to say, none of my landscaping is done.

Real awful part is that I was mowing twice a week (minimum), and just had another surgery yesterday stemming from my auto accident in February. so I am unable to mow for awhile. From Saturday (when I last mowed) to now, it already needs to be hit again.

After well over a decade in LAF, my time there is over.  Where I'm at now is not far from where I grew up so have basically come back home.  Now to find a new avatar...

End of an era.  Gonna be kind of weird this winter having you guys rooting for storms alongside the Chicago peeps more often.  

It would be ironic if the next winter rocked LAF-OKK..  

End of an era.  Gonna be kind of weird this winter having you guys rooting for storms alongside the Chicago peeps more often.  

Yeah... Tim's and my interests in particular are very similar as we're both south of the city by quite a bit.  We will probably do fairly similar many times except in storms that have more of a west-east layout of the rain/snow line or a significant lake component. 

It would be ironic if the next winter rocked LAF-OKK..  

I'd consider a quick trip to LAF if it looks like there's a big ice storm...that's the one thing that I missed out on in my time there.  There were some moderate ones but nothing really big. 

Have a lot of great memories, weatherwise and otherwise.  Too many weather events to list but I'd say the 3 standouts are the 2/13/07 blizzard, the GHD 2011 sleet storm and the 11/17/13 tornado outbreak. 

That sleet storm was an awful memory. Just awful.

Sent from my iPhone

Never forget

METAR KLAF 020154Z AUTO 08030G40KT 3/4SM BLSN BR OVC019 M06/M08 A2954 RMK AO2 PK WND 08040/0154 UPB06E15 SLP009 P0000 T10561078

I think the sensor was having a difficult time with the precip type.  That's visibility under a mile with wind driven sleet... 

Archived