Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2015 Spring/Summer Banter & complaint thread

dmc76

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:gun_bandana: March 2015

Thought I would catch up and iImagine that another miss toward the south (well at least it is to the southwest :rolleyes: ) and to throw some lemon juice I just watched the 6Z GFS (haven't been model watching much lately) and the mid/long term looks pretty  :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: ... I am not even going to bother with the rest of the models.  Might as well give it another few days and check back after Wednesday's light rain and maybe just maybe things will change for the better.  This pattern is just beyond boring. :thumbsdown:

P and C has 32 for a high Friday....with how cold november was....i'm about done with the cool. Not gonna complain too much cause it is what is...but i'm ready for some 50s+ to stick around

I hear ya! This time of year usually seems to drag on, especially when it's weather like this!

Would be nice to have some thunderstorms in the short term forecast.

NWS joke:

Subject: Cold winter

It's late fall and the Indians on a remote reservation in South Dakota ask their chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was a chief in a modern society he had never been taught the old secrets of how to tell what the winter was going to be like.  Nevertheless, to be on the safe  side, he told his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared.

But, being a practical leader, after several days, he got an idea. He went to a phone
booth, called the National Weather Service and asked,' is the coming winter going to be  cold?''  It looks like the winter is  going to be quite cold', the meteorologist at  the NWS responded.  So the chief went back to his  people and told them to collect even more fire wood in order to be prepared.  A week later, he called the NWS again.  'Does it still  look like it's going to be a very cold winter? ''Yes' the man at the  NWS again replied, 'it's going  to be a very cold winter.' 

The chief again went back to his  people and ordered them to collect every scrap  of wood  they could find. Two weeks later, the chief called the NWS again. 'Are you absolutely sure that the winter is  going to be very cold?'' Absolutely,'the man replied.  'It's looking more and more like it is going  to be one of the coldest  winters we've ever seen. ''How can you be so  sure?' the chief asked.

The weatherman replied,' The  Indians are collecting a ****load of firewood'.

Not that I envy any area hit by a tornado, but I envy the plains view this time of year. This is a comparison of what a plains person and a great lakes chaser would see from the same storm, from the same distance. I remember another poster used to mention the same thing.

Terrible-chasing-area-1024x327.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived